This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• local chpt

I just wanted to put in a good word for the people in my local sdc chpt here in Portland, OR (the North West chpt, NW for short). Particularly outgoing president Chuck Tubens and incoming president Jerry Blount. They make owning a Studebaker a do-able thing for a mechanically inept newbie like me. Yes, I paid too much for a car with more problems than I anticipated, but I drive my '59 Lark 100+ miles per week and love doing so.

Dana

Neat thing to say, Dana. I've known of some cases where a Studebaker owner was able to enjoy simply because they had assistance from an able gearhead. It's a neat thing. And frankly, as time goes on, it's gonna develop to where it's going to be up to geezer gearheads and their prototges to keep these oldies crankin'. The graduates of today's "technical institutes" are lost unless they can plug in a diagnostic device to tell them what part to change!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hey ,Biggs , just think as long as we drive studes we wont need those 100dollar hook ups to tell us the points need setting.

Comment

You're spot on, Mr Biggs. Without the "SuperNintendo" they are completely lost. I wonder how they would cope with a powercut?
        /H

Comment

Working...
        X