This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962 Studebaker Daytona

My grandparents have a 62 lark daytona ragtop in their garage and i am interested in knowing a possible value for it. They brought it home one day and just parked it in the garage and it hasn't moved since. It is grey with red and white vinyl interior and is in excellent condition. No rust or anything like that. If anybody has any information about this vehicle, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Studebaker Steph

Very popular and desirable model, especially if it has a V8. A/T, and A/C.
    Condition is all important, and location makes a difference too.
    Finding a Studebaker Drivers Club member might help you to discover what you have there. Studebakers are very susceptible to rust, and the convertible model is even more vulnerable than most. Rust will be the biggest item to hurt or help value.
    Perhaps a participant on this forum might have a good book value on a car like this (or already have contacted you 'off the forum'
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by studebaker steph

My grandparents have a 62 lark daytona ragtop in their garage and i am interested in knowing a possible value for it. They brought it home one day and just parked it in the garage and it hasn't moved since. It is grey with red and white vinyl interior and is in excellent condition. No rust or anything like that. If anybody has any information about this vehicle, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Studebaker Steph
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I'll jump in again <G>. With the limited information available, I would make a guesstimate of $8000-$10,000.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

1962 Daytona ragtop with no rust? Not much market for those old things,probaly worth a couple hundred bucks.
        Send me your address and Ill send you a check(G)

Comment

Not so fast! I'll trade a more desirable hardtop model, less leaks don't you know.

nate

(well, a *few* less leaks...)

--
          55 Commander Starlight
          62 Daytona hardtop
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

thank you all for your information. but as of right now, i am not selling it.(to those who want to buy it) I was just wondering what it might be worth, just in case i change my mind down the road. like i mentioned before, it has been garaged for nearly 40 years and is in pretty good condition. any other information would be very appreciated.
            Steph

Comment

If you mean that it has just been sitting in a garage for the past 40 years, I will revise my guesstimate to $5000 to $8000. Your first post didn't indicate that the car had been sitting for an extended period of time. A lot of things go bad in a car that just sets for many years. You have also gone from "excellent" to "pretty good" for condition, so I would favor the lower end of my estimate.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

That said, a "barn car" can often be successfully revived. Just expect LOTS of problems with gaskets and also things that rotate (i.e. water pump, generator, etc.)

good luck

nate

--
                55 Commander Starlight
                62 Daytona hardtop
                --
                55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Id love to have it if it were to come up for sale, but my luck you'll be on the other side of the country......everytime I find something I like its in WASHINGTON state

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

loc8tor-
                    So just where exactly are you 'loc8ted'?

[8D]

StudeDave
                    San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
                    '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
                    '57 Commander 2dr
                    '57 Champion 2dr
                    '65 Cruiser
                    StudeDave '57
                    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                    SDC Member since 1985

past President
                    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC
                    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Loc8tion:Waynesboro PA 17268

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

Comment

I see...
                        After re-reading this thread, I'm guessing you wouldn't be interested in my Dad's '64 Daytona hardtop in Washington State- of ALL places!!! Sorry!
                        [8D]

StudeDave
                        San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
                        '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
                        '57 Commander 2dr
                        '57 Champion 2dr
                        '65 Cruiser
                        StudeDave '57
                        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                        SDC Member since 1985

past President
                        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                        San Diego Chapter SDC
                        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

got a '62 hardtop in MD, 24K orig. miles... needs a clutch and underhood detailing...

nate

--
                          55 Commander Starlight
                          62 Daytona hardtop
                          --
                          55 Commander Starlight

Comment

i'm sure that i could revive the old beast with not many problems, and what is your definition of "pretty good" condition? Just because it has been sitting for awhile, doesn't mean that it has completely gone to pot. I am sure with a little work and dedication, I could have it looking brand new. Would that up the value any? If any one has any more info about this car please let me know.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studebaker steph

i'm sure that i could revive the old beast with not many problems, and what is your definition of "pretty good" condition? Just because it has been sitting for awhile, doesn't mean that it has completely gone to pot. I am sure with a little work and dedication, I could have it looking brand new. Would that up the value any? If any one has any more info about this car please let me know.

It isn't the appearance that I would be concerned with. It is the things that go bad from sitting for decades, like brakes, suspension, engine, transmission, cooling system and probably other items. These items can all be fixed, but they all take time and money. If you clean the car and fix everything needed to make it a good driving car, the price would be increased accordingly (by that I do not mean dollar for dollar for what you spend on it, but rather the upgrade in condition as related to value).
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                              X