PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.Biggs
12-31-2005, 09:41 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my fellow Studebaker friends. [:0][:p]:D

Here's wishing you & your's ALL a great and prosperous 2006. May the year treat you right in every possible way INCLUDING as regards your Studebaker adventures.

I have a glass of fresh-squeezed OJ & vodka just to the right of the keyboard.[:p] I pick it up and hold it HIGH - in a toast to all my Studebaker friends - the one's I've known for years and the ones I only know via this forum. I look forward to sharing trials and tales with you thru the coming year.;)
Might I raise the glass once more to honor the late Harry Barnes. He was the visionary founder of the Studebaker Drivers Club, way back in 1962. While I'm not so sure there wouldn't be some sort of Studebaker club without Harry's fostering, it might well be different than it is now. "Here's to you, Harry Barnes! You're with us in spirit still!"
I propose one more toast to the likes of Ted Harbit, Ron Hall, and all the other record setters that inspire us all to keep this mania of ours fresh and moving forward. We could just as easily be a group of preservationists - OVER-restoring vintage iron in search of a trophy or plaque to reflect our expertise and obsession. But the likes of these dare-devils keep proving that the last chapters of the Studebaker legacy have yet to be written!:D
My last raised glass gesture is dedicated to Studebaker. Not so much to the company as to those who WERE the company. Here's to the board members, the designers, the guy's on the production line, the bean counters, the engineers, the guys in the warehouse, the security guards, the gals in upholstery, the gang at the test track, the myriad secretarys, the folks in advertizing, the janitors and so on and so forth.
It isn't very often that I don't stop to reflect as to who it was that last laid hands on the bolt or fitting or sub-assembly that I'm tinkering with. So often we regard these cars as just "things". We have no notion of the who or what that caused them to be. But from the iron ore mines to the showroom floor - there were real, live humans - like you and me - that made these cars come to be.[:I]
I'm like the reat of you who take pride in our "different by design" cars. Every time someone flashes a thumbs up sign when they see one of our Studes in traffic, it puffs up your pride a bit. As a consequence, I toast those folks who made these fine vehicles. It was their dedication and toil that allow me to enjoy such a fine-looking ride. I intend to validate their efforts for years to come. I trust the rest of my fellow Stude nets will do the same!:D

OK - my tumbler's empty. See you all in 2006![^]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

BobPalma
12-31-2005, 10:11 PM
:D I think the moniker "Philosopher at Large" is more fitting after that post, StudeBob! Well said. ;)
A Happy New Year to all indeed...and many more! [8D]

BP

Transtar56
01-01-2006, 01:43 AM
Happy new year to Bob,(both of you) and all my Stude freinds and aquantenances.
That was a great toast Bob,and if I still drank Id be tipping back the J-D on the rocks like I used to.
The only people you forgot to mention were the most important of all,Studebakers loyal customers, who saw the goodness in them and kept buying them rather than follow the "herd" and shop at the big three.
Every time I see a forlong looking old Stude on E-Bay that someone dragged out of a barn somewhere, I wonder whose pride and joy it once was,and how it came to be as it is today. Even before SDC, there were a hardcore group of people who saw the magic in our cars and kept buying them,and thats the ONLY reason we have our treasures now.

Studedude
01-01-2006, 01:54 AM
quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my fellow Studebaker friends. [:0][:p]:D

Back at ya, Sir Biggs! I just took a shot out of a bottle of Crown Royal that has been around here for a year or so. There's just enough left for me to finish off a year from now! Well, what the hell, maybe I'll just take the bottle back out of its blue bag and take another shot, just to you! Ahhhhhhh, thanks for the idea! ;) Happy new year all!

Dave's Place
Studebaker Emporium
www.davesplaceinc.com

60Lark
01-01-2006, 02:27 AM
I to want to wish a HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you Studebaker fanatics. I have only been here on this forum for a short time, but it seems as though I know many of you, by just reading the threads. I enjoy logging on and seeing what topics are being discussed, even though I usually do not feel that I can add anything useful to the discussions. This is a great forum, I look forward to getting to know all of you better in 2006.

Studebaker Fever
60 Lark
51 Champion
Phil

tomnoller
01-01-2006, 11:49 AM
Great toast, Bob! I raise my morning coffee cup to that and clink your cyber-glass, bro. Couldn't have said it better myself.