PDA

View Full Version : Plugged differential vent

DON
12-27-2005, 08:13 PM
My 55 Studebaker president coupe has 50 years of dried grease and dirt collected on the differential housing. It leaks a little at the seals that are obviously warn. My question is where is the differential vent. A plugged vent can contribute to leaking seals. Any info will certainly be appreciated.

Thanks Don

Roscomacaw
12-27-2005, 11:52 PM
From my reply to your earlier post about this:

On the back of the left-hand axle tube - about 3 inches inboard of the left spring perch (and roughly on a level with the top edge of that perch) is a hole that's maybe 1/16th of an inch. Probably covered with grunge.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

DilloCrafter
12-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Hey Don, would you mind doing a little cleanup, and deleting those other two identical postings made at the same time? Looks like you "triple-clicked" or something.

Thanks

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/current_AvaCar.gif

DON
12-29-2005, 09:20 PM
Am happy to remove duplicate questions but can't see how. Looks like I need help again.

DilloCrafter
12-30-2005, 01:14 AM
Okay, here goes, if I remember it correctly:

As long as you are logged in (so the forum pages recognize you), look for those other two postings in the list (probably on second page of displayed topics). Because you are the author, you should see some icons on the far right of the lines containing the topics you created, icons that will not be present on the other topics on the page. The "trash can" icon should give you the ability to delete the topic. You'll be prompted with a popup window that asks for your password. Enter the password and click the button. Your unwanted topic will disappear.