PDA

View Full Version : 53 C-Cab wing vents



fireguy
12-26-2005, 12:16 PM
Seems I don't know my pick-up as well as I tought I did. Did the leading chrome edge of these trucks windows roll down with the glass? If so then I need more parts then I originally thought. I will also need the mentioned chrome part as well as the wing vent assembly.

Parts Chaser

Roscomacaw
12-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Do you have the door window glasses or regulators?[:I]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

Roscomacaw
12-26-2005, 05:42 PM
I found some of the parts you need. I've got a pair of vent window assemblies - one needs new glass. I found a pair of door window channels and one guide ("Run", if you like:)) and one stainless front glass edge - passenger's side, I think.:D E-mail me for prices.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

Studedude
12-26-2005, 08:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by fireguy

Did the leading chrome edge of these trucks windows roll down with the glass? If so then I need more parts then I originally thought. I will also need the mentioned chrome part as well as the wing vent assembly.

Yep:
http://www.davesplaceinc.com/sdcforum/01.jpg
http://www.davesplaceinc.com/sdcforum/02.jpg
http://www.davesplaceinc.com/sdcforum/03.jpg

Dave's Place
Studebaker Emporium
www.davesplaceinc.com

DilloCrafter
12-26-2005, 09:13 PM
Nice, Dave. In that last photo, the chrome eyebrow makes your truck look like it's alive and looking at us.

As for the wing vents, I'm sure you will appreciate this page on the Studebakerparts.com site. Go for the link on the truck vent window seals, provided for us all by our own Gary Ash.
http://www.studebakerparts.com/studebakerparts/parts/agora.cgi?page=tech.html

Studedude
12-26-2005, 09:15 PM
quote:Originally posted by DilloCrafter

Nice, Dave. In that last photo, the chrome eyebrow makes your truck look like it's alive and looking at us.

It is. ;)

Dave's Place
Studebaker Emporium
www.davesplaceinc.com

Studedude
12-28-2005, 08:08 PM
quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

I found some of the parts you need. I've got a pair of vent window assemblies - one needs new glass. I found a pair of door window channels and one guide ("Run", if you like:)) and one stainless front glass edge - passenger's side, I think.:D E-mail me for prices.There ya go! Mr. Biggs can help you put Humpty back together again!

Dave's Place
Studebaker Emporium
www.davesplaceinc.com