This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal Worthington Ford

Anyone who lived and grew up in Southern California from the 1950s to the 1980s may like to relive old memories by visiting

Mydogspot.com

This is the nostalgia website of Cal Worthington Ford. Old TV commercials can be viewed and the "Go See Cal" song can be played.

Studedude1961
    --1963 Cruiser

Good ol' Cal. I wonder if any local dealers ran TV ads for Studebakers when they were still around. I don't remember any when I was growing up in the Toledo-Detriot area in the 50s & 60s. Only Stude ads I ever saw were those on Mr. Ed.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Cal tried to break into the Phoenix market in the 80's, It didn't work. I guess Arizonan's just didn't go for Cal's type of hype. KM

Kelly J. Marion

Comment

"I'm Cal Worthington, and if I can't sell you a car, I'll eat this bug!
        So come on down!"

Comment

I was born and raised west of Phoenix and remember when Cal tried to open a dealership there. I suspect ol' Cal couldn't compete with Tex "this ain't no bull" Earnhart. Two car salesmen that full of ...uh, poop, would be more than any one town could stand.

jj

Comment

Ol' Cal is still in business and selling cars here in Carlsbad, Ca. Cal Worthington Dodge still advertises locally, but I haven't seen his "Dog Spot" recently. The original "White Hat Good Guy"!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jjones

I was born and raised west of Phoenix and remember when Cal tried to open a dealership there. I suspect ol' Cal couldn't compete with Tex "this ain't no bull" Earnhart. Two car salesmen that full of ...uh, poop, would be more than any one town could stand.

jj
              I fear most car salesmen (and most likely saleswomen as well) are full of poop. As far as I am concerned so are the products they sell today.

Comment

Working...
              X