This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti dash pad R&R

Does anyone have the source for a book titled (I think)"What the repair Manual didn't tell you" For the Avanti? I Have to replace my dash pad and I heard this book has an easy way to do it. Please help.

Olasar, the book is available from Stan Gundry (the author) and he may be reached at:
    AvantiPublishing.com or sgundry@aol.com (e-mail). His snail mail address is 4142 Burton SE
    Grand Rapids, MI 49546
    The book is not exactly cheap, however it does have some good points not, as he says, covered in the shop manual. Replacing the dash pad on an Avanti does not appear a job for the faint of heart. In the past, articles in the Avanti magazine have covered this subject in more detail.
    wagone and Avanti I

Comment

Please don't tell me that it's hard/difficult impossible!!!!

I just bought a car with a 1" tear on the glovebox door...it's not that noticable but I'm afraid it will be one of those little items that drives me crazy until it's fixed (I'm that kind of guys...I know I have no business messing with 40+ year old cars)

Anyone care to speculate on the feasability of just having the glovebox door redone? (Am I correct in guessing "Just Dashes" is the outfit that recovers the dashes?) Could the color be matched? Can the door be removed w/o removing the entire dash?

Help!!!
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

The door can easily be removed. You might want to look into a vinyle repair professional. Any new car dealer could probably get you a number for one. I've seen some really beautiful repair jobs, less than $100 I'm sure.

R2 R5388

Comment

I've been told that the Avanti magazine had two articles on this subject. Fall/Winter 1992, No 82, pp. 36-39; and Summer 1995, No. 92, pp. 8-12. If anyone has these issue, would you mind copying the articles and send them to me? Respone with your e-mail address and I'll send you my mailing address. Thanks

Comment

Contact "Just Dashes"...in Van Nyes(sp) California.....They have done full Avanti dashes...beautiful...Nick Berger had his done on his show stopping custom '63....WOW!!

Comment

Working...
            X