This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude Trucks in Custom Classic Trucks Mag

In the December issue of Custom Classic Trucks there are no less than 4 Studebaker trucks including, Dave Lester's Orange '57, Talbert Goldman's '48 (NOT, I wish guys would not try to do the '48 stuff all the time it is just stupid, it is a C-cab '49-? of some vintage), Dave & Sandy Haman's '49, and the best of the bunch Steve Doerschlag's awesome silver '37 Coupe Express Rod (Take note SBC engine swap guys Steve used R2 Stude power not a SBC which I am sure would have been the EASY way out). It would be great to get these guys to submit their rods to TW for the Modified section (Dave & Sandy's may have already been there if I remember right).

Also, there was an advertisement for a company that makes 1939 coupe express kit rods that run on Chevy S10 chassis, see http://www.1939studebaker.com

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT

Easy way out![:0]
    Steve's Coupe Express is indeed an awesome machine.
    When Steve and I got together in SB '02 we looked over each others' rides' real close...
    I was impressed with the R2 setup and Avanti driveline he had his street rod builder install (and told him so), and he was impressed with my p/s and a/c, 4w disc's, power windows, etc.. (and he told me so)..
    Then we match raced at the drag strip for grin's...
    (Take note SBC engine swap guys.... I had to slow down to keep our 'agreement'...Oh, ok... I'll leave it there)
    Easy way out my butt!
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Dan White

In the December issue of Custom Classic Trucks there are no less than 4 Studebaker trucks including, Dave Lester's Orange '57, Talbert Goldman's '48 (NOT, I wish guys would not try to do the '48 stuff all the time it is just stupid, it is a C-cab '49-? of some vintage), Dave & Sandy Haman's '49, and the best of the bunch Steve Doerschlag's awesome silver '37 Coupe Express Rod (Take note SBC engine swap guys Steve used R2 Stude power not a SBC which I am sure would have been the EASY way out). It would be great to get these guys to submit their rods to TW for the Modified section (Dave & Sandy's may have already been there if I remember right).

Also, there was an advertisement for a company that makes 1939 coupe express kit rods that run on Chevy S10 chassis, see http://www.1939studebaker.com

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
    '37 Coupe Express
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer
    '61 Hawk

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dan White

In the December issue of Custom Classic Trucks there are no less than 4 Studebaker trucks including, Dave Lester's Orange '57,
      Goliath requested that the record be set straight... he is red!
      Not only was the article not correct, but the photographer could have done a better job, IMHO. Still, I am honored the Big G got some press.

Dave's Place
      Studebaker Emporium
      sigpic
      Dave Lester

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Easy way out my butt!
        Jeff[8D]
        Easy, Jeff!

Dave's Place
        Studebaker Emporium
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

The two C-E's looked great together in South Bend.

Gary Ash
          Dartmouth, MA
          '48 M5
          '65 Wagonaire Commander
          '63 Wagonaire Standard
          Pictures and stories of Studebaker cars and trucks, including 1965 Wagonaire, 1963 Wagonaire, 1953 Commander Starliner, and 1948 M5 half-ton pickup truck. Test drive the Wagonaire. Stereo sound from 1965 music. Cars owned by Gary Ash, Dartmouth, Mass.
          Gary Ash
          Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
          ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
          '48 M5
          '65 Wagonaire Commander
          '63 Wagonaire Standard
          web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by garyash

Yes, they did!

Dave's Place
            Studebaker Emporium
            sigpic
            Dave Lester

Comment

Yessir Gary!
              They will probably snuggle again in Omaha '06 and South Bend '07...
              Maybe some lil' CE's in the future ?
              Jeff [8D]

[quote]Originally posted by garyash

Gary Ash

DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
              '37 Coupe Express
              '37 Coupe Express Trailer
              '61 Hawk

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Working...
              X