This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine Starliner

This IS one of the nicest Ive seen on E-Bay,how much do you think it will go for?
    If I had Lenos bank account Id hit the BIN and get it over with.
    If whoever gets it dosen't run it into the ground and keeps it up and the mileage low, even 35k might sound like a deal 10 years from now.

Read the rest of Ed's description of his car - he is planning to sell off 6 of his 8 cars/trucks. There is a nice, black C-cab 4x4, a C-cab car hauler, and several '53/'54 coupes and hardtops. I talked to him at Reedsville a couple of weeks ago, and he says he is going to sell them. All of them are fabulous cars!

Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, MA
    '48 M5
    '65 Wagonaire Commander
    '63 Wagonaire Standard
    Pictures and stories of Studebaker cars and trucks, including 1965 Wagonaire, 1963 Wagonaire, 1953 Commander Starliner, and 1948 M5 half-ton pickup truck. Test drive the Wagonaire. Stereo sound from 1965 music. Cars owned by Gary Ash, Dartmouth, Mass.
    Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
    ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
    '48 M5
    '65 Wagonaire Commander
    '63 Wagonaire Standard
    web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

Is that Ed Ellis? I mean't him and left drool marks all over that black 4x4.
      Man ,what a collection!

Comment

Can you picture this lucious babe in black with a white roof and interior? That would give Gumby wood(G)
        That was in SB in 02 where I saw Eds truck,don't know if this car was there or not.

Comment

THANKS TO MR.BIGGS I NOTICED TO SMALL OF A BATTERY CABLE COMING OFF 8 VOLT BATTERY. CHAMP

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Transtar56

Can you picture this lucious babe in black with a white roof and interior? That would give Gumby wood(G)
            That was in SB in 02 where I saw Eds truck,don't know if this car was there or not.
            That is not a factory option. I can't see turning a car this nice and correct into a custom.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

You mean the white interior?
              I would not change a thing from "correct" on this car,even if the interior was pee green.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Transtar56

You mean the white interior?
                I would not change a thing from "correct" on this car,even if the interior was pee green.
                No, I meant black with a white top as not being available on a '53 Starliner.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Ahh, that reminds me,my 54 Commander Coupe that I used to own had its original paint. I can't remember what Stude called them but the bottom was a yellow and the top a light blue, which I thought was weird, so I repainted it(the top) black. It was a sharp looking car,yellow and black.Had a white interior (vyinl) too .
                  It was kind of interesting how I ended up with that car and what a real find it was. I went there just to look at this guys 56J that he had restored. He mentioned he had another Studebaker out back. He opened a shed door and here sat this 54 Commander Regal Coupe with junk piled over it,and so dusty it looked like no one had touched anything in there for 30 years.
                  I crawled in to have a look as best as I could,and managed to get the drivers door open a bit,at which point I noted the floors were missing, and it was as if someone had just backed it in there and shut it off 30 years ago.
                  It was rusty,but I gave him the 2800 he was asking on the spot.
                  The old fellow clamied this was exactly what had happened,and said as it had taken him 30 years to restore the other one he 'd probaly never get around to this one.We opened the hod,and only the battery was missing.
                  About a week later my Dad and I arrived with a trailer.The front brakes were seized to the drums, so it took awhile to get the adjusters backed off as the old guy moved seats and other old car parts out of the way. After I towed it out in the yard and saw it for the first time in the daylight,I was nearly sorry Id bought it.
                  It had been driven for more than a few winters on salty roads. Rust!!All the usual places and then some.But when I got it home and hooked up a battery and poured a little gas down the carb,the old 232 started and ran like it had just been shut off yesterday.
                  I think it was at this point the real insanity took over and I knew then and there she would live again !(G)

Comment

TranStar,

Your coupe sounds a bit like my father's '54 Commander - yellow with a black top. The difference is that his has no rust and the interior is in shades of brown. It is original and almost as good as new. He only seems to be able to take it out once a year, wash it off, then put it back into the quonset with a dirt floor. Too bad.
                    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Geez Scott! Sounds like you need to hijack Dad's Commander and give it some exercize![:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President 2-dr
                      1955 President State
                      1951 Champion Biz cpe
                      1963 Daytona project FS
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

It's a nice car. I wouldn't touch a thing. But I doubt he'll get his price on Ebay. I would almost bet this car doesn't see 25K. Barrett-Jackson is a bunch of rich guys making decision based on emotion, not sense. Most buying stuff off Ebay will have a rough idea before bidding, especially when there is a week to decide on a reasonable figuire.

My guess is the reserve is $30K.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Tom - Sterling Heights, MI

Ancient Chinese Proverb: "Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown!"

1964 Studebaker Daytona - Laguna Blue, Original 4-Spd. Car, Power Steering, Disc Brakes, Bucket Seats, Tinted Glass, Climatizer Ventilation System, AM Radio (136,989 Miles)
                        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                        X