This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargain ? Hawk

Looks like it needs everything,but a good one to start with at what seems a fair price.
    After my recent experience,Id say that the knock in the engine thats been there for 10 years would be fine untill I bought the car and drove it aproxitmatly 100 miles, then-KA-BOOM (G)

On closer examination, whoever put that damn vinyl roof on the car certainly did it no favor.
    Look at the rust bubbles under it, wonder what misery lies under there.
    Remember the old saying, "roof rust,RUN"(away)

Comment

The way he desribes that "knock", it sounds like it may have a shot motor mount![:0][xx(]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Transtar56

Looks like it needs everything,but a good one to start with at what seems a fair price.
        Hmmmm....$5,250 seems high to me for this Hawk (especially since the consensus was that the California, full dash, 4 speed GT that Biggs found last week would be worth $300-2500).

The Old Cars Price Guide lists a #4 '60 Hawk at $4200. It lists a #4 '62 GT at $4400. (Not that that's the "gospel" by any stretch)

It really boils down to whatever turns your crank. Some folks love the finned Hawks and would pay a premium for the "right" one, and some are nuts about the GT Hawks. No price is wrong if both the seller and buyer are willing.

-Dick-

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Too much rust breaking out on the inner fin seam. If It's showing there, it's worse elsewhere. BTW, use the OLD CAR value guide to buy Studebakers, they are way low on current values.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
          64 GT Hawk
          64 R2 4 speed Challenger
          63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
          53 Street rod
          JDP Maryland

Comment

I e-mailed the owner about it got a response that wasnt that favorable my brother lives near him hes going to check it out for me will send an update asap.

Comment

Depending on what his reserve is,it could be a worth-while project.
              Look at the bright side-Cars like this keep the Stude' vendors in business.Who ever buys this will be sending a Big check to CE...

Home of the Almostahawk
              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

See-- Cursed Purple Hawk !
                Rust work of that magnatude is not easy or cheap. I wouldn't touch it for the BIN price.

53commander HDTP
                53 Champion HDTP
                61 Cursed Purple Hawk
                64 Champ long bed V8
                64 GT
                64 Champ long bed V8
                55/53 Studebaker President S/R
                53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Working...
                X