53C Home at Last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53C Home at Last

Great Stude day Bobby and I went and trailered my 53 home today.Man I was so surprised all the wheels rolled.As Bob was wrenching it up on the trailer I steered it from the window it was so smooth steering , I was flabergasted,I could turn it lock to lock with one hand..I know,I know ,yall want pics
    .I will try to get some up by this weekend we got storms moving it tonight,just be patient I'll get ya some pics . [8D] My handicapped son came out and looked at it,turned to me and said,"Dad I think it needs work ,then walked back in the house".I'm just one happy Stude Freak.

David Baggett Mantachie,Ms.

Hey! Cool Deal!
    When I brought that barn fresh 53 of mine home, the RR wheel refused to turn. Of course, the farmer had a JD tractor that wasn't phased by an uncooperative wheel.[}]
    Of course, I was gonna have to get it up on my trailer to get it home and the ramps on the trailer are ladder-lookin' affairs made of angle iron.[B)]
    So in my whizdumb, I hauled the car partway onto the trailer until the rear wheels were at the start of the ramps.
    I got a can of axle grease and greased each rung of the right ramp so that the stuck wheel would slide easier.
    I started winching the car the rest of the way on and as soon as that right wheel came up against that first rung, it popped loose and started to roll! So much for my "creative" approach![:I]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Hey! Cool Deal!
      When I brought that barn fresh 53 of mine home, the RR wheel refused to turn. Of course, the farmer had a JD tractor that wasn't phased by an uncooperative wheel.[}]
      Of course, I was gonna have to get it up on my trailer to get it home and the ramps on the trailer are ladder-lookin' affairs made of angle iron.[B)]
      So in my whizdumb, I hauled the car partway onto the trailer until the rear wheels were at the start of the ramps.
      I got a can of axle grease and greased each rung of the right ramp so that the stuck wheel would slide easier.
      I started winching the car the rest of the way on and as soon as that right wheel came up against that first rung, it popped loose and started to roll! So much for my "creative" approach![:I]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Aint it great when a plan comes together?I spend this after noon cleaning out the interior.Front seat naggy hyde is brittle and breaks up when you touch it
        .The back seat and the center console is like new just dirty.Ialso found a rock speck at the top edge of windshield i didnt see before,not as big as a dime.I also found a 20ft plus log chain in the trunk under the replacement rear fender.My buddy Donald came over to look at it .Hes a vette man,
        looked into engine compartment and said what kind of steering is that damn big rod bolted to center crossover.I said i dont know what you call it but it steers really well. He tried it and said im amazed.Also after i removed lots of parts(junk) . It has a radio in it.Donald has a small chrome plating set up he does small stuff for the club and a few car show guys we know. He said hes been reading up on doing the pot metal plating and think he can do all my stuff.Now thats what ya call lucky.

Comment

Aint it great when a plan comes together?I spend this after noon cleaning out the interior.Front seat naggy hyde is brittle and breaks up when you touch it
          .The back seat and the center console is like new just dirty.Ialso found a rock speck at the top edge of windshield i didnt see before,not as big as a dime.I also found a 20ft plus log chain in the trunk under the replacement rear fender.My buddy Donald came over to look at it .Hes a vette man,
          looked into engine compartment and said what kind of steering is that damn big rod bolted to center crossover.I said i dont know what you call it but it steers really well. He tried it and said im amazed.Also after i removed lots of parts(junk) . It has a radio in it.Donald has a small chrome plating set up he does small stuff for the club and a few car show guys we know. He said hes been reading up on doing the pot metal plating and think he can do all my stuff.Now thats what ya call lucky.

Comment

David, I seem to recall reading that hand cream rubbed into the naugahyde rejuvenates it, maybe yours is beyond help?

John Clements
            Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
            Lockleys South Australia
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

David, I seem to recall reading that hand cream rubbed into the naugahyde rejuvenates it, maybe yours is beyond help?

John Clements
              Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
              Lockleys South Australia
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

John writes: " David, I seem to recall reading that hand cream rubbed into the naugahyde rejuvenates it, maybe yours is beyond help?"

John,

That tactic is used only on live Naugas. It makes their hydes really supple once the Naugas go on to Nauga heaven in the course of surrendering their coveted covering. BTW, the Naugas really LOVE the application of the hand cream to their hydes!

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

Comment

John writes: " David, I seem to recall reading that hand cream rubbed into the naugahyde rejuvenates it, maybe yours is beyond help?"

John,

That tactic is used only on live Naugas. It makes their hydes really supple once the Naugas go on to Nauga heaven in the course of surrendering their coveted covering. BTW, the Naugas really LOVE the application of the hand cream to their hydes!

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

Comment

I wish I was a nauga.I would find a 21 year old to rub cream on my body ,maybe that would help rejuvenate me .Lol.Yea I have used that before on my show car,brand x.Oh Bob what size is that big nut on the flywheel?I dont have anything to fit it,or maybe I do , looks like some one may have used a pipe wrench on it at some time.One tip i can pass on to everyone is dont use ArmorAll on your seats and head out to a car show.Even as large as i am theres no way you sit in the seat,you tend to slide all over,esp when braking .If it wasnt for the seat belt i would probably end up under the dash.

Comment

I wish I was a nauga.I would find a 21 year old to rub cream on my body ,maybe that would help rejuvenate me .Lol.Yea I have used that before on my show car,brand x.Oh Bob what size is that big nut on the flywheel?I dont have anything to fit it,or maybe I do , looks like some one may have used a pipe wrench on it at some time.One tip i can pass on to everyone is dont use ArmorAll on your seats and head out to a car show.Even as large as i am theres no way you sit in the seat,you tend to slide all over,esp when braking .If it wasnt for the seat belt i would probably end up under the dash.

Comment

Flywheel or front hub? 1&1/2" up front.

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Flywheel or front hub? 1&1/2" up front.

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Thx Bob Its the big bolt in front of the motor that bolts to the crank .

Comment

Thx Bob Its the big bolt in front of the motor that bolts to the crank .

Comment

Working...
                              X