PDA

View Full Version : BRAKE PULL ON 48STUDE CHAMPION

CHAMP
11-15-2005, 03:35 PM
WHEN BRAKING NORMALY CAR DOES FINE EXCEPT FOR AN OCCASION SQUEAL,BUT UNDER HARD BRAKING CAR PULLS RIGHT AND THEN LEFT. I HAVE CORRECTED THE TIRE PRESSURES. ADJUSTED THE BRAKES TWICE, ADJUSTED STEERING BOX ANDSHOCK. FRONTEND COMPONENTS ARE ALL TIGHT. BRAKES HAVE ABOUT 3000 MILES. CAR DID SET FOR QUITE A WHILE AFTER NEW BRAKES, WHEEL CYL. MASTERCYL. AND NEW BRAKE LINES AND HOSES. I AM CONSIDERING NEW BRAKE SHOES AND TURNING OR REPLACING DRUMS. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS CHAMP:D

studegary
11-15-2005, 04:00 PM
My first guess is flexible brake lines to the front wheels need to be replaced. I would also pull the wheels to make sure that the wheel cylinders are okay and that there is not something on the linings. I noticed that you state; new brake hoses. I would not think that you need to replace the brake linings. Maybe just clean up with Brake Clean if needed. Also, it would be a good idea to flush and bleed the brake system.

CHAMP
12-16-2005, 06:04 AM
THANKS STUDEGARY, I REPLACED THE FLEXIBLE BRAKE HOSES AND REBUILT THE WHEEL CYD.S AND SANDED THE BRAKE SHOES AND CLEANED EVERYTHING UP WITH BRAKECLEANER. JUST WAITING FOR ROADS TO CLEAR UP FOR ROAD TEST.WILL KEEP YOU POSTED. AGAIN THANK YOU. CHAMP:D

CHAMP
12-16-2005, 06:40 PM
I FORGOT TO MENTON THAT I FOUND A STUCK PISTON IN R/F WHEEL CYD. STILL WAITING FOR ROADS TO CLEAR FOR ROAD TEST. THANKS CHAMP:D

CHAMP
12-20-2005, 06:26 PM
FINALY GOT TO ROAD TEST 48 STUDE TODAY AND BRAKES PERFORMED PERFECT. I BELEVE THE STUCK PISTON ON THE R/F WHEEL CYD. WAS THE MAIN PROBLEM,BUT I'M GLAD I REPLACED ALL THREE RUBBER BRAKE HOSES,ALL FOUR WHEEL CYD. AND CLEANED AND ADJ. EVERYTHING UP. NOW I KNOW I HAVE GOOD SAFE BRAKES ON THIS DRIVER.[8D] THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP. CHAMP:D