Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody want to "share/split" a sedan?

Hey group,
    on ebay there is a 53 4 door sedan, located in NY state. It is on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

This sedan has the VERY LAST 53 accesory that I need, and have been chasing for several years... the external sunvisor for the 53/54 sedans. For a time I did not think the external sunvisor existed... however there was one on a 53 sedan at the most recent SB national meet, so I had proof that they did exist... and here is a second one. The problem is that the seller want's to sell the car as a whole unit... understandable... but shipping the car to WA state from NY makes for one expensive sunvisor. SO... anybody want to share the car? OR does anybody have a sunvisor they want to sell and help to complete my collection? AC-2383... and no... it will not fit the C/K cars, the C/K use AC-2384 for the coupe and AC-2385 for the hardtop.

Any leads, help or ideas appreciated!!!

Chris Coop
    Vancouver, WA.

Sedans Rule!!!

Chris Coop
    Vancouver, WA.

Have you seen any better pictures of the visor, especially the ends? I guess it kinda looks like the correct shape, but shouldn't there be a thin chrome strip visible across the leading edge?

Dwain G.
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Chris,

This car was offered to me by email several months ago for $400.

I passed because in my opinion, its way overpriced due to being a salt belt car, no interior, not running, and looks like parts. But is it has the visor you want, it may be worth it....original visors have really really gone nuts in the last few years, for example I pulled off an old fulton visor off an old 50 champion I had and got $235 for just the visor on ebay.

If the car dosent sell on ebay I, and your still intrested, I can try to find the guys email address and where he was asking $400

Thanks
      Kent Fedor
      SDC Member, Reeed City Michigan

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studecoop

Hey group,
        on ebay there is a 53 4 door sedan, located in NY state. It is on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
        Hey Chris...It's got that rare, optional flat head 4 cylinder. You probably should snag that too <grin>.

I love those visors. Sold one recently (not a Stude one) on eBay for $200

Good luck, Chris. If you don't get that one, I'll keep my eyes open for you.

-Dick-
        Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

I though I could help you, but other then the visor, it's not worth crossing the street to get.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
          64 GT Hawk
          64 R2 4 speed Challenger
          63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
          53 Street rod
          JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks guys! The one on ebay does not appear to have the chrome strip, but I figure it would get me one step closer. There is a visor made for ford cars that looks almost the same, but will not fit. There was one at the Sacramento meet that looked like it would have worked, but did not fit the sedan profile... perhaps it was for a c/k? There has to be a correct visor on a shelf or parts car somewhere... keep your eyes peeled.

Thanks!

Sedans Rule!!!

Chris Coop
            Vancouver, WA.
            Sedans Rule!!!

Chris Coop
            Vancouver, WA.

Comment

If the car on ebay does not sell, offer him a hundred or so to take it off the car, he might go for it.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
              64 GT Hawk
              64 R2 4 speed Challenger
              63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
              53 Street rod
              JDP Maryland

Comment

Wish I could help you know I've got a need for a thing or two- remember my '54 from Donald? Still sittin' waiting for me to have time. I'll retire in a little less then three years...

StudeDave

'54 Commander 4dr
                '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
                '57 Commander 2dr
                '57 Champion 2dr
                '65 Cruiser
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                SDC Member since 1985

past President
                Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC
                North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

The parking light assemblies (grille bars), headlight rims and door handles are about the only exterior parts on this car that will fit a C/K. I can't imagine the car getting a bid at $500. I would think that he would be happy to sell the visor for $200 and still have the car, but I may think differently than the car's owner <G>.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                  X