PDA

View Full Version : Reedsville '05



dpson
11-09-2005, 03:30 PM
It's only nine days away, who's going, who's vending and where is a good place to stay/eat?

1960 Lark Convertible

N8N
11-09-2005, 04:27 PM
I am going, not sure where to tell you to stay, hit Peachey's (Amish grocery store) if you can. Only thing is I can't tell you how to get there, only time I was ever there was visiting some people in Huntingdon, not while hanging out up at Reedsville.

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
62 Daytona hardtop
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

2R5
11-09-2005, 04:40 PM
alot of guys stay at the Clarion ( down the road a couple miles ) 717-248-4961...also they have a restraunt there . We always go to a spaghetti place near there ...love that stuff :D

garyash
11-09-2005, 05:00 PM
I posted this info about Reedsville at the Stude Truck Talk site:

The Reedsville, PA all-Studebaker parts swap meet will be held on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, Nov. 18-20 at the Reedsville Fairgrounds. The meet is sponsored by the Manhattan chapter of SDC and is always a great event. There are lots of NOS and used truck (and car) parts there, including mechanical, electrical, sheet metal, literature, chrome, etc. There are many vendors with only one table and usually a few of the larger vendors with many tables. Outside, there are guys with sheet metal and assortments of parts. This is the place to get those hard-to-find parts. There are usually more than a few cars and trucks for sale.

Reedsville is in the center of Pennsylvania. Take 322 northwest from Harrisburg to the route 655 exit (about 60 miles), right at the end of the ramp, right at the stop sign at the bottom of the hill and you're there. You can also go south from I-80. People come from as far west as Illinois, as far south as Florida, east to New England, from all over.

The weather is always iffy, ranging from light snow and 35-40 temperatures to sunny and mild with sunshine - no telling in advance. Motels are in Burnham, just a couple of miles away. Most folks stay at the Motel 6 or the Clarion. Try the breakfast buffet at Peachey's store in Belleville (about 3-4 miles SW on Route 655) to fill your tummy before walking the show. Don't plan to come just for Sunday - there won't be much left or many people there. Friday and Saturday nights there is a get-together with live music and beer on tap at Max Corkin's restoration shop in near-by Lewistown. Just drop $5 or so in the pot at Max's to pay for the beer and pretzels. Pictures of the 2004 event are on my web site at http://www.studegarage.com/Reedsville2004.htm.

Among the places to eat are:
Jack's Mountain, a steak-and-brew house not too far away from Lewistown.
http://www.jacksmountain.com/

Hoss's Restaurant in Lewistown on Rte. 22, just on the west side of town. Place your order for steak, etc. as you come in the door. Inexpensive.

Other restaurants:
See http://www.yellowpagecity.com/sys/pageserver.dll?k=Reedsville&b=6663&s=0&go=Restaurants
[be sure to scroll down and hit the right arrow for more listings]

Other motels:
I know some people stay at the Pines Motel in Lewistown because it is cheaper than others. I don't know about the quality, ask Ed Ellis. It's just a little farther away. Of course, the Tractor Supply Company store (10410B U.S. Hwy 522) is just across the street from the Pines Motel with lots of toys for big boys (welders, sandblasters, tools). See http://www.mytscstore.com/

See motel listings at:
http://www.yellowpagecity.com/sys/pageserver.dll?b=6663&p=0&s=0&f=hh477&gp=&go=Motels&z=1000

Anyone want to meet up for dinner on Friday or Saturday? I like Jack's Mountain for a good meal and an excellent microbrewery beer.

Reedsville is always fun. It's not fancy and it can be gray and cold. Bring your warm walking-around boots and wind-proof jacket.

Gary Ash
Dartmouth, MA
'48 M5
'65 Wagonaire Commander
'63 Wagonaire Standard
www.studegarage.com

loc8tor
11-10-2005, 07:39 PM
I just hope the guy who brought the cheese last year is going to be there, Im stocking up.....oh yea, there are going to be parts there too, hmmmm better bring the truck!

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

DEEPNHOCK
11-11-2005, 06:07 PM
(Shameless vendor plug................)

Since Reedsville is later this week, I have put up on Ebay an outright
listing and an exchange listing for Studebaker V8 intake manifolds that are
modified to accept a late model AFB 4 barrel carburetor. If you want to get
one of these manifolds, you can pick it up at Reedsville and save yourself
some freight. If you bring or send your old (late model) 2bbl core to
Reedsville, you can save even more! Additional discount given for 'extra'
manifold cores. You could even get an AFB modified manifold for free! Send
me a note and I will explain how.
Thanks for looking.
Jeff[8D]

(OUTRIGHT - no core required)
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Studebaker-V8-Intake-Manifold-AFB-Ready-OUTRIGHT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34198QQitemZ4590484681QQrdZ1>
or
http://tinyurl.com/dkly2

(Exchange - Reduced price but require your old 2bbl manifold)
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Studebaker-V8-Intake-Manifold-AFB-Ready-Exchange_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34198QQitemZ4590484669QQrdZ1>
or
http://tinyurl.com/b4zuq

DEEPNHOCK
11-12-2005, 07:12 AM
You bring up a great point...
The food choices at the facilities are, well, so 1950's[:p]
(Until a couple hours later, when my gut is asking me what I did to it[xx(]...)
I think I'll pack extra food goodies[:p] for a cold, cold building:(
Jeff[8D]


quote:Originally posted by loc8tor

I just hope the guy who brought the cheese last year is going to be there, Im stocking up.....oh yea, there are going to be parts there too, hmmmm better bring the truck!

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????


DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
'37 Coupe Express
'37 Coupe Express Trailer
'61 Hawk
http://community.webshots.com/photo/42559113/426827941Lsvfrz
http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

DEEPNHOCK
11-12-2005, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the post Gary.....
Is the party going to be held again this year at whatsisname's place in Yeagertown? That was a lot of fun, a Studebaker historical trek in itself...
Jeff (bad with names...;)) Rice[8D]



quote:Originally posted by garyash

I posted this info about Reedsville at the Stude Truck Talk site:

The Reedsville, PA all-Studebaker parts swap meet will be held on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, Nov. 18-20 at the Reedsville Fairgrounds. The meet is sponsored by the Manhattan chapter of SDC and is always a great event. There are lots of NOS and used truck (and car) parts there, including mechanical, electrical, sheet metal, literature, chrome, etc. There are many vendors with only one table and usually a few of the larger vendors with many tables. Outside, there are guys with sheet metal and assortments of parts. This is the place to get those hard-to-find parts. There are usually more than a few cars and trucks for sale.

Reedsville is in the center of Pennsylvania. Take 322 northwest from Harrisburg to the route 655 exit (about 60 miles), right at the end of the ramp, right at the stop sign at the bottom of the hill and you're there. You can also go south from I-80. People come from as far west as Illinois, as far south as Florida, east to New England, from all over.

The weather is always iffy, ranging from light snow and 35-40 temperatures to sunny and mild with sunshine - no telling in advance. Motels are in Burnham, just a couple of miles away. Most folks stay at the Motel 6 or the Clarion. Try the breakfast buffet at Peachey's store in Belleville (about 3-4 miles SW on Route 655) to fill your tummy before walking the show. Don't plan to come just for Sunday - there won't be much left or many people there. Friday and Saturday nights there is a get-together with live music and beer on tap at Max Corkin's restoration shop in near-by Lewistown. Just drop $5 or so in the pot at Max's to pay for the beer and pretzels. Pictures of the 2004 event are on my web site at http://www.studegarage.com/Reedsville2004.htm.

Among the places to eat are:
Jack's Mountain, a steak-and-brew house not too far away from Lewistown.
http://www.jacksmountain.com/

Hoss's Restaurant in Lewistown on Rte. 22, just on the west side of town. Place your order for steak, etc. as you come in the door. Inexpensive.

Other restaurants:
See http://www.yellowpagecity.com/sys/pageserver.dll?k=Reedsville&b=6663&s=0&go=Restaurants
[be sure to scroll down and hit the right arrow for more listings]

Other motels:
I know some people stay at the Pines Motel in Lewistown because it is cheaper than others. I don't know about the quality, ask Ed Ellis. It's just a little farther away. Of course, the Tractor Supply Company store (10410B U.S. Hwy 522) is just across the street from the Pines Motel with lots of toys for big boys (welders, sandblasters, tools). See http://www.mytscstore.com/

See motel listings at:
http://www.yellowpagecity.com/sys/pageserver.dll?b=6663&p=0&s=0&f=hh477&gp=&go=Motels&z=1000

Anyone want to meet up for dinner on Friday or Saturday? I like Jack's Mountain for a good meal and an excellent microbrewery beer.

Reedsville is always fun. It's not fancy and it can be gray and cold. Bring your warm walking-around boots and wind-proof jacket.

Gary Ash
Dartmouth, MA
'48 M5
'65 Wagonaire Commander
'63 Wagonaire Standard
www.studegarage.com


DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
'37 Coupe Express
'37 Coupe Express Trailer
'61 Hawk
http://community.webshots.com/photo/42559113/426827941Lsvfrz
http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

garyash
11-12-2005, 09:49 AM
Jeff, if you mean the party at Max Corkins' shop in Lewistown, then I assume it will be on again. Let's see, what were you doing at Max's last year?
http://www.studegarage.com/IMAGES/reedsville2004/group1_at_corkins.jpg

Unfortunately, I messed up the link to my web site story about Reedsville in the previous post (pesky periods!). Here it is again:
http://www.studegarage.com/Reedsville2004.htm



Gary Ash
Dartmouth, MA
'48 M5
'65 Wagonaire Commander
'63 Wagonaire Standard
www.studegarage.com

DEEPNHOCK
11-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Yep, that's the place..
That was a fun evening..
Live band, some good beverages, and a lot to look at...
Thanks for the memory kick!
Jeff[8D]




quote:Originally posted by garyash

Jeff, if you mean the party at Max Corkins' shop in Lewistown, then I assume it will be on again. Let's see, what were you doing at Max's last year?
http://www.studegarage.com/IMAGES/reedsville2004/group1_at_corkins.jpg

Unfortunately, I messed up the link to my web site story about Reedsville in the previous post (pesky periods!). Here it is again:
http://www.studegarage.com/Reedsville2004.htm



Gary Ash
Dartmouth, MA
'48 M5
'65 Wagonaire Commander
'63 Wagonaire Standard
www.studegarage.com


DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
'37 Coupe Express
'37 Coupe Express Trailer
'61 Hawk
http://community.webshots.com/photo/42559113/426827941Lsvfrz
http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

55pres
11-14-2005, 09:00 PM
Hello,

I am planning on going to Reedsville myself, what time do things start on Friday? Or, when do the vendors open??
Thanks
Randy

(2) 1955 Presidents

2R5
11-16-2005, 09:01 PM
9:00 am friday and you maybe able to get in thursday afternoon as well

loc8tor
11-17-2005, 05:38 PM
I will be bringing pics of the Studebakers in the other post to Reedsville Saturday. I will post them with the other ads on the BB

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

DEEPNHOCK
11-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Arived Thursday afternnon.
Lot's of vendors setting up.
Already made two deals on some good stuff.
Weather is cold, but clear.
Supposed to be 22 degree's tonight and only into the thirties.
Party at Max's Friday night, but no live music this year.
Just the smell and feel of all the Stude parts make the trip worthwhile.
Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
'37 Coupe Express
'37 Coupe Express Trailer
'61 Hawk
http://community.webshots.com/photo/42559113/426827941Lsvfrz
http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

Studenut65
11-17-2005, 08:14 PM
I'm in State College (supposed to be studying right now, but this is more important). It's cold right now...27 degrees. Anyhow, how late will vendors be open tomorrow (Friday)? I have class till 3 or so and want to get some parts for the Larks.

Nate

Commander51
11-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Just got home from Reedsville. Best haul of parts I've ever had from any swap meet, including Hershey!

Hope the weather holds and everyone can find their treasured missing parts!

rockne10
11-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Temperature Saturday's supposed to hit 45 and sunny. I guess I can haul parts in the 51 coupe. See you there.

DEEPNHOCK
11-18-2005, 10:29 PM
Just got back with Jim Turner from Max Corkin's annual open house shindig.
A little more subdued than last year, but a real nice evening of quality Stude chat with a whole new genre' (to me) of Stude guys and gals. Had a great evening lookin at old Stude stuff hanging from the rafters... A cooment I heard (and laughed at) was that this place was like the Stude Roach Motel... Stude stuff arrives, but never leaves <lol>...
Weather today was kind of cold...but clear and not windy, so it was nice inside the building. The crowd was large, but selling was a little slow. Looking forward to tomorrow, whem the Saturday working crowd get's a chance to Studemingle...
Had dinner with George Roehrbach, and Bob Bellig, 'Tall' George, and Jim Turner. George regailed us with some perverted Stude stories, which were appreciated.
Kind of late now, so more tomorrow...
Jeff[8D]

DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
'37 Coupe Express
'37 Coupe Express Trailer
'61 Hawk
http://community.webshots.com/photo/42559113/426827941Lsvfrz
http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

Roscomacaw
11-19-2005, 09:53 AM
Wish I was there ('cept as regards the cold temps![xx(]) The "Roach Motel" line resembles my place.[:I] I should sell some stuff (and do when the mood strikes me) but I like the "aire" it provides whenever I enter the garage or shop![:p]

BTW - anyone - I'm looking for the pot metal mouldings that adorn the rear doors on a 57 or 58 wagon. These mouldings are mounted right below the door window's edge. I need a pair that's at least platable.;)

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

2R5
11-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Just got home tonight from Reedsville.....actually the weather wasn't too bad , a bit cold but hey no rain and the grounds were dry . This is about the 1st year I've gone and not been planning on bringing alot of stuff home so it was just nice to look . I picked up my brake parts from Jim Turner that I had bought a couple months ago so I'm good to go on that winters project.
It always pays to go early ...found a NOS Ansen 3 spd floor shifter set up , complete for a Lark OD tranny ! Wasn't going to grab it but hey thats the 1st one I've seen in 20 years of going to these things and NOS to boot so I got it . It may just go in the Champ truck this winter ! :D Anyways it ws a good swap meet noe time to save for York ;)

loc8tor
11-21-2005, 07:28 AM
Was good for me also! Got a Supercharger for rebuild for the 62 GT, and a left rear 1/4, along with some Christmas Gifts, a whole box of Jeff Gordon stuff for the kids,and a 68 Camaro assy manual for my dad.
Talked with the guy who is doing the 2bbl to 4bbl conversions, and did you see that supercharger bonnet!!!!!!!! If I can figure out how to post pics I will show it to ya!
Thanks again vendors without you we'd be lost!

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????

DEEPNHOCK
11-21-2005, 09:07 AM
Hey, I know 'that guy' ;)
It was great meeting you.
Was a tad busy when you went by..
(That R3 bonnet was the one that Nimesh Solanki built with a second air inlet added, and had the whole thing polished). He sold it to JDP and I had a weak moment for shiny things and nabbed it... It is way cool!
Jeff[8D]



quote:Originally posted by loc8tor

Was good for me also! Got a Supercharger for rebuild for the 62 GT, and a left rear 1/4, along with some Christmas Gifts, a whole box of Jeff Gordon stuff for the kids,and a 68 Camaro assy manual for my dad.
Talked with the guy who is doing the 2bbl to 4bbl conversions, and did you see that supercharger bonnet!!!!!!!! If I can figure out how to post pics I will show it to ya!
Thanks again vendors without you we'd be lost!

hmmm, my girlfriend has 2 GT Hawks....and I feel left out, wheres my "R" model Daytona????


DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
'37 Coupe Express
'37 Coupe Express Trailer
'61 Hawk
http://community.webshots.com/photo/42559113/426827941Lsvfrz
http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

55pres
11-21-2005, 04:25 PM
Jeff it was nice meeting you Friday and talking about all the shinny items you had on your table! Seening the mopar plates in person was better than I expected, nice work. I'll be looking forward to York in the Spring.

1955 President

Location: Central PA
Job: Student @ Penn State
Love of Studebakers?: High