This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers at Spokane GoodGuys

We were fortunate to have the Goodguys' "Great Northwest Nationals" immediatly following our SDC National meet in Spokane this year. Over 300 great looking Studes at our meet downtown, then thousands of beautiful hot rods at the Fair Grounds (including more Studebakers than I have ever seen at a GoodGuys event)! What could be better??!!

The latest issue of the Goodguys GoodTimes covers the Great Northwest Nationals.

Pictured on page 115 is Steve and Carol Hudson's '53 Phantom Convert. Steve and Carol won the GoodGuys "Coolest 50's" pick at this event as well as a first in their class at the SDC National meet.

Page 121 shows Gary Long's beautiful '55 coupe street rod (and Gary too). Gary is a local Spokane guy and did his town proud with this one.

On page 123 is John and Carol Mayer's '53. All the way from Casper, WY. John built a great looking driver. I spent some time talking to John about the history of his build up. A very creative guy.

On page 132 is Steve Doerschla's R2 powered '37 Coupe Express. I never get tired of seeing this truck, and I've see a bunch of it in person and in magazines.

Page 133 is a shot of where many of us "circled the Studes". You can make out Rick and Gail Adams' '53 coupe (in from British Columbia), and Bob Woodridge's pro street '53. Bob's hardtop was painted the original two tone green, but that's all that was original <g>. Custom Art Morrison frame, 1000 HP blown BB Chevy.

Also, check out page 149. It's an ad for the Glass Shop. They build fiberglass bodies for drag racing and the salt flats. Pictured is The Steve Wood/Richwood Meat AA/Gas '53 Stude. Has run a best of 6.741 at 201.29.

Check out this month's issue of TW for coverage of the fantastic Spokane SDC National Meet.

It was a great week in Spokane!

-Dick-

I will have my modified 53 at the Scottsdale Goodguys next week. Any other Stude guys coming?
    Denny L

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Green53

I will have my modified 53 at the Scottsdale Goodguys next week. Any other Stude guys coming?
      Denny L
      Have a great time, Denny. Wish I could be there. I think GoodGuys Plesanton is this comming weekend for you Bay Area guys. Trying to get S2D back on the road for a cruise this Sunday with the Whatcom County (Washington) SDC chapter.

I blew the clutch in it last week...sidestepped the clutch at 4k a few too many times <g>. It's been 6 years and 30,000 miles since I got this one on the road and forgot what clutch parts I used. I threw the old parts on the counter at Automotive Parts Service here in Bellingham, and the counter guy took the time to cross everything to a '68 Chevelle big block and handed me the new parts. I'm glad FLAPS like this still exist.

BTW, here's a few pictures of Denny's beautiful '53 hardtop and S2D in Phoenix about this time last year at the Zone Meet.

-Dick-
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Sorry about your clutch. It's been so long since I changed one I'm not sure I even remember how to do it. Looks like you have a big garage in Washington. I miss my 16 car building in Omaha but it is worth it to miss the cold weather. I plan to bring my 64 Daytona R1 convertible to Arizona after the International in Omaha. Hope to get to a Goodguys in California one of these years. Saw all the folks from Goodguys at the SEMA show in Las Vegas last week.
        Denny L

Comment

Thanks for the info, Dick!
          Glad to hear the Hudsons won for the best 50s car. There's no finer couple in all Studedom.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by tomnoller

Thanks for the info, Dick!
            Glad to hear the Hudsons won for the best 50s car. There's no finer couple in all Studedom.
            ...and they drive that beautiful red car EVERYWHERE (and win prizes when they get there). A good incentive for all of us to DRIVE our Studes (even if we also want to show them).

-Dick-
            Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
            X