This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Lark book-is it any good?

I see a number of copies of the book "Studebaker Lark 1959-1966 Photo Archive" on Ebay. Is this book worth having if you are a Lark owner? Is it simply photos from the dealer brochure or are there pre-production pics etc?
    Thanks
    Todd

I have the one on Hawks,its a good book.It has many pics and stories of each year Hawks,and prototypes that never made it.Valuable to a Hawk owner!Worth owning for any Stude owner too!..Ed Reynolds[president of SDC] is the author of both. But,if your gonna buy it,buy it directly from SI or the Stude museum.That way,your money stays in the Stude' circle,and the cost is the same[29.95 plus shipping]I haven't seen any on e-bay cheaper...

Home of the Almostahawk
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Speaking of SDC, I signed up online a week ago and havent recieved any confirmation or a charge to my credit card. Who would I talk to about this?
      Todd

Comment

I don't know about the Lark book, but the Hawk book is merely good, not great. Some photos are very good and then there are others that are fuzzy. The really wierd thing is how there are several photos of the 1962 Hawk prototype, but only a single picture of the exterior of a regular production hawk alone. That single picture is nearly head on, fuzzy, and is more impressive for the size of the piled up snow on either side of the car than the car itself. There is one other shot with Brooks Stevens next to his hawk, but even it is not unmodified, and a shot of the Mr. Ed crew next to their hawks.

Anyway, the point is that the books are OK, but the editor should have been fired for such an inconsistent use of quality, representative photos.
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I own the Lark book and it's nice. Not great, but interesting and full of year-by-year photos of the Lark. I own a '59 Lark Regal Hardtop.
          Incidentally, I bought my book on Amazon.com and got it for a good price.
          Enjoy.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I've got tan R2 engine block that may well have come from one of those Mr.Ed Hawks![:0] I've had it confirmed that it WAS in a 64 Hawk sent to the Mr. Ed operation. [8D]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I haven't seen the Hawk book but I own the Lark book and think Ed did a great job. I would recommend you purchase the book via the Museum store or one of our vendors.

Studedude1961
              --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Q: Speaking of SDC, I signed up online a week ago and havent recieved any confirmation or a charge to my credit card. Who would I talk to about this?
                Todd

A: Cornerstone Registration, 763-420-7829 or mark@cornerstonereg.com

Skip Lackie
                Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                X