PDA

View Full Version : Brake light wiring problems

studebruce
03-11-2007, 10:08 PM
I purchased my 66 Cruiser 10 months ago and didn't realize until a couple of months ago the brake lights were inoperative. I knew that there were no wires connected to the fluid switch so I figured that someone had a pedal activated switch installed. WRONG!! I now need to have this corrected so I am asking you good folks for assistance. I need to know how I can rewire the fluid switch so those driving behind me can be warned. I thank you kindly for your assistance. Bruce

JDP
03-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Look for a pair of wires (maybe red ? )coming off the main harness with female bullet connectors. They may have just been knocked off.

64 Commander 2 dr.
64 Daytona HT
63 Cruiser
63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black)
63 Avanti R1
63 Daytona convert
63 Lark 2 door
63 Lark 2 door #2
62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
62 Lark 2 door
60 Lark HT
60 Hawk
59 3E truck
52 Starliner
51 Commander

Dick Steinkamp
03-11-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm with JP...I'll bet they are still flopping around there someplace.

Follow the main harness out of the firewall and check for the wires John describes. They sound be within "reach" of the MC.

If you find them and attach them to the switch and the brake lights still don't work, jumper the two wires together. If you get brake lights this way, the switch is bad. The switches are common and your FLAPS should have one. You may have to change the connectors to match the switch you get.

http://thenobot.org/images/s2d/s2d_01.jpg