This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brain gonna get picked

Hey Guys, just got back from my monthly car club meeting.I asked around about any members having any studes.I was told to go talk to Bobby. well , Iwas absolutely stunned by this guys knowledge. bob just got back from Memphis couple weeks ago. his Rockne got 396 out of possible 400 points. he has a 39 coupe hes building now
    also another 29 rockne to restore,a 54 pick upa 40 coupe. he even invited me over to give me some extra copy of turning wheels to read
    .Is this guy great or what? think i just made a new best friend. i love the forums i been reading them every chance i get.Cant wait till i get myHawk home and start on it. Great job you guys do helping each other and great reading.

Yeah, I just love Studebaker people. This club is a great way to get to know people too. I missed Memphis this year, but I made it back in 2000. We even won 1st with our 81 Avanti II. And back then, I could fit through the rear vent window (if opened ALL the way) of an Avanti if you locked your keys in it! Just make sure to leave one door ajar to stick a coat hanger through. And also have a Letherman Supertool on you as well to open up the rear window. (My grandad never leaves the house without it). Shoulda took some pics...

Matthew Burnette
    [img] http://jnautoair.com/images/yelstude2.jpg [/img]
    1963 Lark Daytona HT (6 cylinder, auto trans)
    lots more Studes
    lotsa parts too

Comment

Congrats on first.Maybe one day i can get a first with my hawk
      .But that will be a long ways down the road. But I love workin on the old clunkers.
      .It's like an artist painting, they start with nothing and end up with a masterpiece.

Comment

Bobby can't have a 29 Rockne. They were only produced in 32 and 33.
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Well, that first was 5 years ago! And it is fun to say, "I built this car" and it turn out to be a beautiful work of art. I'm not bragging on myself or anything, but just look at my grandad's just finished 57 Hawk. It's BEAUTIFUL! He did a really great job on it. He even painted it himself. And no, it's no show car, it was built to be driven, and that's what he does with it. I hope my little Daytona turns out that good! http://community.webshots.com/photo/...54289420UiRFId He paid $600.00 for it in 1979. And the yellow bullet nose, it was give to us as jusk! Only 11 years went into that one. That car is another story...

Matthew Burnette; the world's most
          dedicated 15 year old Stude nut!
          1963 Daytona HT
          lots more Studes
          and a few parts cars

Comment

your right it s a 33 rockne a 29 erskine sry was so excited there was so many studes that close to me

Comment

I understand. It's a common problem! (too many Studes that is)

1963 Daytona HT
              lots more Studes
              and a few parts cars

Comment

Welcome! What is your Hawk (year/model/equipment/condition)?
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Hi. The hawk is being shipped from calif. ive seen pics is all
                  its a 61 hawk black in color in pretty good condition
                  been sitting in a closed garage for 20 years. 84 year old man owned it since new
                  . One day it didnt crank n he just went n bought a new buick n just let it sit in garage. A friend of mine spotted it n got it for me. Hope to get it soon so i can go over it n see what all it needs .
                  ok while im here i want to relate a stude story
                  .My dad loves studebakers he hauled milk in the 50s n had two of them. Another guy had a 52 chevy n my dad said he was always having to pull the chevy thru the muddy winterty roads here in miss. in 1958 thru 64 we lived inb St.Peterburg Fla i was 12 at the time n the stydebaker dealership was just 1 block from our house
                  i was in heaven , I was in heaven my buddy s and i was over there ever chance we had to look at the new CARS . THx for letting me bend your ears but i love to talk cars. oh yes saw a silver hawk n a 54 commander with a hawk hood on it at car show today.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stude freak

Hi. The hawk is being shipped from calif. ive seen pics is all
                    its a 61 hawk black in color in pretty good condition
                    been sitting in a closed garage for 20 years. 84 year old man owned it since new
                    . One day it didnt crank n he just went n bought a new buick n just let it sit in garage. A friend of mine spotted it n got it for me. Hope to get it soon so i can go over it n see what all it needs .
                    ok while im here i want to relate a stude story
                    .My dad loves studebakers he hauled milk in the 50s n had two of them. Another guy had a 52 chevy n my dad said he was always having to pull the chevy thru the muddy winterty roads here in miss. in 1958 thru 64 we lived inb St.Peterburg Fla i was 12 at the time n the stydebaker dealership was just 1 block from our house
                    i was in heaven , I was in heaven my buddy s and i was over there ever chance we had to look at the new CARS . THx for letting me bend your ears but i love to talk cars. oh yes saw a silver hawk n a 54 commander with a hawk hood on it at car show today.

Small world of Studebakers. There is an active member of SDC in Florida whose family also hauled milk in a Studebaker. He still owns, and has restored, the Studebaker milk tanker that his father purchased new on June 29, 1953 (IIRC). This Studebaker tanker came from a Studebaker dealer in the Tampa/ St. Pete area and was used to haul milk in that area. The tanker and its history was written up in SDC's publiccation, Turning Wheels, recently. Recently, with me, means in about the past three years. You would probably interested in buying that back issue (from this site).
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That guy is one of the SDC's most avid big Stude truck collectors. I wonder how many he owns...

1963 Daytona HT
                      lots more Studes
                      and a few parts cars

Comment

Wow . it is a small world huh.thanks for the input will check out the issues

Comment

Working...
                        X