This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glove box door

Im trying to locate a glove box door for a 57/58hawk the plastic /fiber glass type

?? never saw a plastic one.i have 3,they are steel.

Home of the Almostahawk
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I believe that since the dash is fiberglass he is assuming the glove box door must also be fiberglass.

Mike

Comment

Yeah - should be steel with the aluminum overlay.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Aren't the overlay stainless steel? Anyway I have 1 dented across bottom edge,or one thats lightly pitted on suface,$40.00 plus shipping for either.[I think they're stainless because I polished the heck out of these,and lost no detail on the engine turn finish]they didn't have that 'white'oxidation of aluminum,and they didn't have that black mess or the smell of aluminum while buffing....
          Pretty sure stainless-think I read in TW one time...
          Yeah Mike,a logical assumption.,,,the whole dash is 'glass,but the glove box door is steel!!Mr Biggs,maybe I should put them on e-bay next to Chuck K's mirrors-!!!!Damn!

Home of the Almostahawk
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

They're aluminum. Anodized aluminum. And the "engine turning" really isn't. It's stamped into the metal. That's why you didn't lose any of the pattern when you polished it. If it HAD been real turning (and I've done such turning by hand on aluminum and steels)you'd have polished away alot of the pattern.
            A few years back, someone alerted me to the fact that there was a 57Hawk in a wrecking yard in the LA area. I went to see what I might scavenge off it and it was a really nice car with no engine or tranny. I stripped it of trim and goodies, inside and out. And in the course of things, I found an NOS dash overlay and glove box door stashed under the front seat along with a full V8 gasket set!
            Ah - the good ol' days![:I]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mr. Biggs, could you send me a few pics of your 63 Daytona? Your's is a HT, right?
              Thanks a lot!!!

Matthew Burnette; the world's most
              dedicated 15 year old Stude nut!
              [img] http://jnautoair.com/images/yelstude2.jpg [/img]
              1963 Daytona HT
              lots more Studes
              and a few parts cars

Comment

Working...
              X