PDA

View Full Version : Changing 27 stude front drums to chevy 5 lug

Gyva
10-08-2005, 01:38 AM
I just wanted to ask if anyone else has done this conversion, I', going to be putting a chevy 5 lug rear axle under it and want my fronts to match... Is there a chevy 5 lug drum the same depth and diameter???? Studys are pretty beefy and huge I'm thinking dana 60 big?????? any help would be great!

Drums will be for sale once I yank them off

Mike...

TTodd
10-08-2005, 06:30 AM
If your hot rodding the stude ust buy one the disk conversons for the front and have the rotors drilled for the chebby pattern.

61 Lark
61 Lark Cruser VIII

Dick Steinkamp
10-09-2005, 10:21 AM
quote:Originally posted by Gyva

I just wanted to ask if anyone else has done this conversion, I', going to be putting a chevy 5 lug rear axle under it and want my fronts to match... Is there a chevy 5 lug drum the same depth and diameter???? Studys are pretty beefy and huge I'm thinking dana 60 big?????? any help would be great!

Drums will be for sale once I yank them off

Mike...

Are you hot rodding a 1927 Studebaker? If so, I doubt if you are going to find a modern front drum replacement and if you do, those 1927 brakes didn't stop the car real good when the car was new and will be even worse with more power.

-Dick-

Gyva
10-10-2005, 09:37 PM
ya a little hot rodden might be happening here... ya I'm shopping the top and doing a frame off resto.. I think your right with the after market front end and discs.. thanks guys..

Mike...