This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here collect Stude Toys?

I was just wondering if anyone else here collects studebaker toys? I have a modest collection, and sometimes have extras for trade as well. I was just thinking about this yesterday, as i managed to pick up a couple extra of the 1.24 scale 38 K series trucks in the Canadian tire colors. If anyone needs an extra, i'm always willing to trade. Evan

Evan Davis
    Prairie Bulletin
    Saskatchewan Chapter
    Prince Albert, Sk

I've picked up a few thru the years. Not like I'm TRYING to "collect" - I just like to have them around the office for display.
    I confess, I collect collections. That is to say, I collect too MANY different things. Just when do collections cross the line of definition to clutter?[xx(]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

If you have at least 2 of anything, it's a collection.

Comment

When I could buy them cheap, I didn't collect Studebaker toys or toy Studebakers. Over the past few years I have purchased some - both old ones (including promos.) and new die cast. I haven't counted, but I don't think that I have over 100 yet.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Has anyone ever seen a promo/model of a 63 Lark?

Todd

Comment

I'm looking for a promo of the '59 Lark. I missed out on one at the York Stude flea market.
            I'll try again next March.
            Rog
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

A friend of mine collects Studebaker toys. I'll pass this thread along to him to see if he wants to trade anything or if he has any promos.

- Eman

Comment

I bought 2- 1950 Champions,1 blue,1 red,at Menards for $19.95 each.
                Just for fun,a month later,I looked at the same section,all the usual chevys and fords-all $19.95....except for the yellow 1937 Coupe Express- $12.95 !!! Bought it![these are all 1/18 scale]
                Thats my 'collection'

Home of the Almostahawk
                Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Speaking of toys, I've been looking on and off again for some Stude puzzles like I remember having when I was a kid. I had a couple of Lark wagon and Hawk wood puzzles that were dealer's promo items for kids. My parents sold them at a yard sale after I moved out (along with a bunch of other stuff I'd love to have now, like 1960's comic books). I'd like to find a dealer puzzle some day. Anyone ever see any?

thanks,
                  Hank

Comment

Rekabeduts-??? How do you pronounce that???[8D] Sounds like your parents yard sale may have cost you a fortune!

Home of the Almostahawk
                    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Rekabeduts

Speaking of toys, I've been looking on and off again for some Stude puzzles like I remember having when I was a kid. I had a couple of Lark wagon and Hawk wood puzzles that were dealer's promo items for kids. My parents sold them at a yard sale after I moved out (along with a bunch of other stuff I'd love to have now, like 1960's comic books). I'd like to find a dealer puzzle some day. Anyone ever see any?

thanks,
                      Hank

Comment

To rekabeduts: My partner in Studebaker shenanigans recently bought 2 of those wooden puzzles off eBay. I thought he got them at a very reasonable price. Peace, Frank

Frank Drumheller
                        1948 M16 Boyer fire truck
                        1960 Lark Regal VI 4 dr.

Comment

I don't know if I would consider my recent acquisitions toys or not, but I bought five 1:24 scale Studebaker models on eBay this year. There are two '51 Commander starlight coupes, one red and one green, a '50 Champion convertible, a '57 Golden Hawk, and a '63 Avanti. I also got a collectible bottle of Avon Wild Country aftershave in the shape of a '51 commander, some posters (advetisments), and a shot glass. It is unlikely I will be collecting any more stuff in the near future assuming I wish to continue living.

Comment

Working...
                          X