Hawk Heater Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk Heater Help

I've recently purchase a '58 Silver Hawk whose heater came from the previous owner as a bunch of pieces in a box. I have discovered that the heater installs under the passenger's seat, but neither I, nor my mechanic, have been able to figure out how to put Humpty-Dumpty the heater back together again.

I have the Shop Manual, the '58 Supplement, and the Chassis Parts Manual. None of these have any diagrams, photos, or the like that help us decipher whether or not we have all and/or the correct pieces and how they go together.

If anyone can point me to diagrams, photos, or have information regarding the heater, I would greatly value your input. Thanks.

I don't know if the catalogs are separated the same for the 58's as they are on the later Hawks, but for 59+ there are some good diagrams in the Body Parts Catalog.[8D] The heaters are probably the same for all the Hawks.

Comment

I have a 58 Golden Hawk,in the Body Parts Catalog there is a "Plate Accessories-1" showing all parts for 58C-K Climatizer and Defroster.

Comment

Thanks for the info. That'll teach me to skimp and only order two of the three manuals! I've ordered the Body Parts Catalog and look forward to being able to put the puzzle back together.

Your help is much appreciated!

Jeff

Comment

When I get back home I'll take pictures of the 1957 Silverhawk set up then at least you can look at that and scratch your head. Should be in a few hours.

Mabel 1949 Champion
          1957 Silverhawk
          1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          The Prez 1955 President State
          Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
          Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
          Fresno,Ca

Comment

[Thanks for being willing to take a photo. I anticipate it will go a long way toward keeping the head scratching to a minimum.]

Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman

When I get back home I'll take pictures of the 1957 Silverhawk set up then at least you can look at that and scratch your head. Should be in a few hours.

Mabel 1949 Champion
            1957 Silverhawk
            1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
            Gus 1958 Transtar
            Fresno,Ca

[/quote]

Comment

Well My few hours turned into Days sorry. These pictures aren't the greatest either. Do you get points for trying? All pictures taken from the pasengerside of car. Couldn't squeeze in there very well to take pictures. Couldn't get the Hawk out of the garage to take pictures for you. I sure hope they help.

Mabel 1949 Champion
              1957 Silverhawk
              1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
              Gus 1958 Transtar
              Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
              Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
              Gus 1958 Transtar
              The Prez 1955 President State
              Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
              Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
              Fresno,Ca

Comment

Considering what I'm paying for the assistance, I'm certainly not going to complain about an extra day or so. Thanks for taking the time to do the photo shoot and for posting the results. It is already helping solve some of the puzzle. Much appreciated!

Jeff

Comment

Just for your info, the second photo from the bottom is upside down.[:I]

Comment

Working...
                  X