This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Build time

I don't know how you guys with fleets of Studeskeep them all on the road,I have enough trouble with my 4.
    My 62 Lark Ive been driving lately,for really the first time this year,sure needs a lot of stuff.
    A sane person would put 'er on E-Bay and sell"as is"
    The car had 27 k on it when I got it five years ago,I put a new interior in it,and painted it,then drove it 40k miles,in my pretty hard driving style.
    Now all four springs are shot,the paints all chipped up,the engines burning and leaking serious oil,the headliners done,and all four tires are beat.
    Since this car is the first and only Studebaker Ive ever owned that was truely rust free,Im keeping her.She just won't be going back on the road till this works done.
    This ain't cheap,but its the price you gotta pay.

When my car gets worn from use and investment looms on the horizon, I look at it and think,"if someone offerred me this car for $100 would I buy it?" Since I already own it, it's like getting it for free.

I also think about three years of monthly payments on a decent used car and, at the end of three years, you have a car that's worth nothing and no one wants it.

Keep 'em and keep fixin' 'em.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I know what you mean about keeping up with them. When I got up to ten cars, I discovered that for some, all that I was doing was paying storage and not keeping up with servicing them. I now limit myself to three (or maybe four <G&gt vehicles at a time.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
      X