This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Lark

Heres an example of what we were discussing the other day,a nice 6 cylinder four door Lark,and it looks like the seller wants 3k.
    It SHOULD be worth it any day of the week,but lets see if it even gets a bid.
    It sure would help if he had of put a reserve on it of 3k and started the bidding at 100. ,but thats the way so many try it.

Geez! That looks ALOT like the one we've been discussing here recently. I'm with you Robert - wrong strategy to starting the bidding going. You've GOT the reserve to protect yourself, WHY not start the bidding at a hundred bucks just to kick it off???
    The bidders will tell him what the car's worth alot easier than the seller TELLING them what it's worth. Ah well - his listing fee - not mine.
    Folks are gonna be alot more likely to start fighting over it if you let THEM feel like their running the show.[^]

Nice-lookin' car either way. I'd drive it even without a disguise![}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

A lot of sellers seem to have found a way around the reserve fees,they start it out low with no reserve,then if the items not bid up high enough they just yank the auction( Items no longer for sale)
      Not fair to the bidders or E-Bay,but it happens alot.

Comment

I've thought that all along, Robert! IF a bid I place is a "Binding Contract", then the fact that the vehicle offered is there to entice my bid should be a "binding Contract" also!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I can't believe that the guy hasn't received any bids. It looks like a really nice Stude and one I wouldn't mind owning. Only problem is that I don't have the room. 3 vintage cars is my limit and I'm at the limit.
          $3000 bucks seems quite reasonable for that car. I hope that someone buys it.
          There must be something about 4-door cars that makes them hard to sell.
          Rog
          '59 Lark Regal Hardtop
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

You know,just looking at this one again-sittin' there in front of a bunch of later model ho-hums,doesn't it just out shine the rest of the flock???

Home of the Almostahawk
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Its not just the four doors but the six that turns many off.
              But look at this one,even the dash looks good instead of all cracked up,damn nice car,sure hope it finds a good home.

Comment

I'm in Savannah. If anyone would like me to check it out for you, let me know.

Comment

I'm disappointed by the outcome. Will elaborate in my own thread.

Comment

This car sold at auction on a farm sale in NB last spring. The story was it was purchased by an elderly farmer who drove it sparingly and then lost his drivers license years ago. It had been shedded with the tractors in the machine shed and was nearly mint. My nephew checked it out and believe it sold for around $1500. I had just bought my latest investment,'64 Daytona, and couldn't swing the deal, sob sob sob.

Comment

Working...
                    X