This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 comander

well, the exterior is finished and the engine is just about done. now all i need to do is to find a black with white trim door panels for a 56 commander. can anyone assist in locating them??

You'll never find any NOS ones if that's what you're hoping for. Even good used would be tough to scare up.
    Of course, you didn't say if it's 2-door or 4-door. Either way, I think you're gonna have to make some from scratch.[:I]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Why not try Phantom or Historic. They both advertise in Turning Wheels.
      Rog

'59 Lark Regal Hardtop
      '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
      Smithtown,NY
      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

SASCO has door panels don't they? Never hurts to ask anyone who carries them. There just might be a set in some dusty corner just waiting for you!

Lotsa Larks!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

SASCO doesn't have anything earlier than 59 or 60. Not only will THEY tell you that but so will Phantom. Phantom maybe knows better what SASCO has in the way of upholstery than SASCO does. Rene of Phantom has spent endless hours digging thru whatever upholstery stuff SASCO has.
          The 56 door panels are especially tough to find and unique in that they're the one year that the armrests are contoured into the panel instead of being a seperate piece.

I'd dearly love to find NOS door panels for my 57 President but they simply don't exist on this planet.[V] Phantom might well be able to MAKE some new panels but I don't think they make them on a regular basis so you can figure the cost won't begin to approach "cheap".[:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President 2-dr
          1955 President State
          1951 Champion Biz cpe
          1963 Daytona project FS
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
          X