PDA

View Full Version : R/2 and R/3 Air Cleaner Assy's

Swifster
10-02-2005, 12:24 PM
After looking thru my parts catalog, I don't see a section on R/3 parts. Are the R/2 and R/3 air cleaner assemblies the same, or is there a difference?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tom - Sterling Heights, MI

Ancient Chinese Proverb: "Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown!"

1964 Studebaker Daytona - Laguna Blue, Original 4-Spd. Car, Power Steering, Disc Brakes, Bucket Seats, Tinted Glass, Climatizer Ventilation System, AM Radio (136,989 Miles)

Mike
10-02-2005, 04:41 PM
The late Avanti parts book, black cover, dated Dec. '63, has a drawing of the R3 setup, and lists all the R3 part #s. The air cleaner canister is different from the R2.
Mike M.

Swifster
10-02-2005, 07:08 PM
Well, that would explain it. I don't have the Avanti parts book. I guess I'll have to get one. Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1964 Studebaker Daytona - Laguna Blue, Original 4-Spd. Car, Power Steering, Disc Brakes, Bucket Seats, Tinted Glass, Climatizer Ventilation System, AM Radio (136,989 Miles)

Swifster
10-03-2005, 09:43 AM
I guess the next question is...What's the difference? Is the R/3 piece considerably larger for better air flow?

JDP
10-03-2005, 01:29 PM
Since it mounts in the lower air acoop, under the bumper, it mounts differently. (Hose runs through the right inner fender.)

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
64 R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)
63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk