This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shock Absorbers

Does anybody have a list of interchange shock absorbers for Larks? According to my stude factory manual, almost all of the Lark models had similar Gabriel shocks. I would like to see a list of interchange Monroe, Bilstien, or other leading brand of shock absorbers that can be used on various Lark models.

Please send your replies to bekglm1@aol.com

Thanks

Try your local Autozone, they list the Gabrial "Classic" gas shocks, about $15.00 each.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    JDP Maryland

Comment

You can log onto Autozone.com and follow the prompts to get the correct part numbers for you Lark. When I got shocks for my Lark they did not have them at the store but they had them in 2 or 3
      days.

Studebaker Fever
      60 Lark
      51 Champion
      Phil

Studebaker Fever
      60 Lark
      56 Power Hawk
      Phil Hendrickson
      Arnold, Missouri

Comment

If you really have your heart set on Monroes and have the shocks that have a 3/8"-24 thread stud on the bottom and a 7/16"X 2 1/4" loop on the top you can use Monroe 37074, for heavy duty use the 37192 with parts pack p120 and p171, with this you have to press out your old sleeve and install it in the new one, or the Limited Edition no. LE 10060 and fab yourself a sleeve of 7/16" ID X 3/4" OD X 2 1/4" long. The parts packs may have the pieces you need in them but I always make new pieces out of stainless barstock so I don't buy the parts pack.

Comment

got some numbers here

Gabriels can be ordered at AutoZone, if you are looking for more performance I believe you can still get Konis for the Camaro apps that work with a little modification. I haven't tried the Camaro ones, I am running the Gabriels on my cars. They are a straight bolt in and seem to work pretty well.

I am not aware of any current shocks other than the numbers I have listed that are a straight bolt in.

nate

--
          55 Commander Starlight
          62 Daytona hardtop
          --
          55 Commander Starlight
          http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

oops, I see the Camaro listings got cut off when I did the last conversion to .pdf. I will have to fix that... ISTR that it was a 1970 Camaro that would work? both front and rear for 63-up cars but don't quote me on that. You have to press out the upper spacer on the rear and reuse your old one, and press out the lower mount on the front and reuse your old one. Like I said I haven't tried it though.

nate

--
            55 Commander Starlight
            62 Daytona hardtop
            --
            55 Commander Starlight

Comment

N8, the Koni's are Pn. 8240-1012 for the rear and 8240-1011 for the front at $98 a piece.

Comment

J.C. Whitney has them..Ask for their hard to find shocks..I just got my rears from them..no problems..Gabriel classic gas..
                Making resverations at the poor house parking lot for me and my 62 Lark..

Comment

I just looked up my AutoZone receipt the shocks I put on my 60 Lark. They are Gabriel Red Ryder Classic gas shocks - Part #82087-front shocks and Part #82151-rear shocks - $14.99 a piece.

Studebaker Fever
                  60 Lark
                  51 Champion
                  Phil

Studebaker Fever
                  60 Lark
                  56 Power Hawk
                  Phil Hendrickson
                  Arnold, Missouri

Comment

I just checked my notes - it is 1970-81 Camaro shocks that may be modified to work. I have never tried this, I think I got this nugget of info from an old Datson book.

HTH

nate

--
                    55 Commander Starlight
                    62 Daytona hardtop
                    --
                    55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Working...
                    X