Dreamland...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreamland...

This morning I woke up after an interesting dream. Lately I've been having computer problems, so the Champion got the back shelf until it was fixed (it is).

At any rate, I dreamed in this weird dream, that I was driving the Stude to work today. I felt the rough, old gear shift on the column, the decades-old steering wheel, I felt the slight punch of the torque when I pressed down the throttle. I even felt the clutch, and felt it go through the gears.

It was a real pleasant dream, actually, and one that has caused me to make a decision. I'm going to try and get everything together, and get it road-capable this summer during my vacation. I've got 2 weeks coming if I don't get a new job, and to get it driveable I need to rewire it, rebuild the brakes, and replace three panes of glass as well as reinstall the drivetrain and get it back to running order. I'll be buying lead additive by the case, but I'll have two cars running again.

Of course, about the time the Stude is barely road-worthy, not tested, some random drunk is going to run me down and kill my Cobalt. It's already happened once. So long as it is the Cobalt, they're all over the place and one less won't hurt anything. I'll be mad if I lose the Stude. Especially if I'd just got it up and about.

Guard: Where are you going in such a hurry?
    Gorrak the ranger: Uhhh...Gorrak have quiche in oven!!
    Guard: well hurry along.

1953 Champion 2 door Sedan
    2006 Chevrolet Cobalt LS Coupe

IMHO, save your money and don't buy lead additive. It is not needed in a Champion that was run on leaded fuel for 30-40 years.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

IMHO, save your money and don't buy lead additive. It is not needed in a Champion that was run on leaded fuel for 30-40 years.

Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
      X