This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IT IS ALIVE

Finally got all the little problems sorted out in my Stude powered 27 T. Runs like a champ. heheheh Now it is time to fix all the things that it would be nice to have, like the overdrive. I found an excellent wiring diagram in this forum and I seem to have everything except the wires and and the throttle switch. Is this switch just a make-break switch? If so, can I can use a micoswitch for it?
    I understand that the system is 6V and my car is 12V. Has anyone run this system using a 6V resistor in the power feed?
    I would like to take this time to thank all those members who have offered advice, information and parts for this project. You are all gentlemen and scholars. Thanks
    61 bone

where there's foo there's fire

Rather than jerry rig it[xx(], why not order the real thing from Studebaker International (317-462-3124), or S.A.S.CO (800-722-4295)?

By the way... You can replace the 6v parts with 12v and the tranny will work. It's easier that way...[:I]

Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

61bone,

Can you post some pictures? I for one would love to see what your car looks like!

Paul
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
      Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Yes!! Pictures would be a good thing!![][] Or even a link for drooling, I mean looking!

Lotsa Larks!
        Ron Smith
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Being a hotrodder, I like to make things work with what I have or can make. For instance, I am making my own drive pulleys for my Latham blower out of a piece of aluminum I found laying on the road. I modified a two bbl manifold for it and made the adapter from some scrap steel from work.
          Anyhoo, I have tried many times to post pics and they just don't go. Of course, It doesn't surprise me as I flunked computers for dummies. When my daughter comes to visit, I'll get some up.

Comment

Thought just occured to me. I do have some pics at hotrodders.com in my project journal.

Comment

It's not just a make-break switch. It's got four wires going to it and one circuit is made all the time until you hit full throttle. When you hit full throttle, that normally closed set of contacts is opened and the other set of contacts (normally open) completes another circuit. The switch plunger is spring-loaded and returns to it's usual state once you let off full throttle at all.

BTW, it's too easy to get a 12volt solenoid to fool with a resistor. However, if you have a 12volt that's from a 56-57 Stude, it requires a relay to work in concert with the solenoid (all 6volt systems use a relay too - a 6volt relay of course). If it's a 58 or later solenoid (identified by having 3 wire terminals on it instead of 2), no relay's necessary but of course the wiring's a bit different.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe
              1957 President 2-dr
              1955 President State
              1951 Champion Biz cpe
              1963 Daytona project FS
              No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
              X