This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Open Letter Of Thanks

Yesterday I had a wonderful visit from Bob Kabchief (Studebob). After the mid-michigan drags he kindly came up to see how I was doing. His visit really brightened my days of sickness. Also Thanks so much to Ted Harbit who sent along some "goodies" to cheer me up.

For those few minutes Bob and me were talking Studebakers and pawing through my collection of original Studebaker blueprints, I was able to forget my severe illness and think about happy things, This Studebaker club, is not just that but a family too.

Thanks to everyone for their kindess of words, cards, goodies, and donations. All those special gifts and thoughts are appreciated; but it is not a gift without strings; in the future it will be up to me to pass on the wonderful kindess that you have shown me in a time of need to others.
    God Bless,
    Kent Fedor
    19424-8-Mile Rd.
    Reed City, Mi, 49677
    231-832-9572
    (2.5 weeks down of IV treatment, 5.5 to go!)

Glad to hear you are up and about, get well soon. AJ

Comment

while you're layed up, why not rent the movie 'Pass it Forward.' You might find it interesting. It's a story of a concept that was spontaineously taken up all over. Reminds me a lot of what happens regularly on a smaller scale in this club.

God's blessings. I pray he supports your spirit and heals you soon.

Lotsa Larks!
      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
      Ron Smith
      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I read somewhere that the only way I should expect to keep the blessings I have, is to be willing to give them away, and expect nothing in return. My willingness varies, so it sure helps to have good examples, as witnessed here, time and time again. Good group, the cars are great fun, but the people are what make it.

Prayers sent on your behalf tonight. Hope you recover fully, and quickly.

Ross.
        57 Provincial
        58 Transtar
        66 Wagonaire
        sigpic
        Ross.
        Riverside, Ca.
        1957 Provincial X2
        1958 Transtar

Comment

I am not new to SDC, but I am new to the forum and I have found that Stude owners are some of the nicest people around. Everyone is always picking on Studebakers and I think that keeps us strong as a group. We're not concerned with who has the best because we all have something unique and special. As it is said, "It is more blessed to give than to recieve". I send my prayers for you Kent and God Bless all you Stude nuts.
          -Randy Varozza

Comment

While I'm not back in California yet, I'll chime in here and say that my visit with Kent and his dad was as good for me as it was for Kent.
            Had I not had to be on down the road before the day was out, we coulda talked Studes til the wee hours of the AM.[^]
            Kent and dad are good folks (as 99% of Stude folks are) and I wish them well with Kent's dilemma and the fate of their farm.

If I could live in a charming old farmhouse like their's, I'd figure I'd finally "arrived"![:0]
            And talk about PRIVACY! No one would EVER bother you about whateve rusty hulks you wanted to extend safe haven to on a plot like they have. Color ol' Biggs Jealous[}] Well..... at least until the first snowfall.[)]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

You ought to come up to Lewiston Biggs!

Ross, a wise man once said that to make room for new treasures, we should give away the unneeded extra stuff we have. For if one is overflowing with current treasures where do they put the new ones?

Lotsa Larks!
              Ron Smith
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Working...
              X