PDA

View Full Version : '54 HT trunk floor

Dave in Spokane
09-11-2005, 02:23 AM
At age 15 I bought myself my first car, a '52 Studebaker 4-dr V-8 for $25 and taught myself to drive. Now some years later and numerous ground up street rod builds, I find myself putting all of my car experiences into my latest, lets say my version of a '54 Champion Hard Top. Purist may not apreciate the smoothing, leveling top chop or the air ride suspension, but Studebaker nuts will like the "built" flathead six with the T-5 5-speed tranny, dual carb and tuned header.
The frame and drive train is all finished and powder coated. Most of the body work is finished and the body is on a rotisserie. The car can be seen at www.theroto2000.com. The floor is finished with the exception of the trunk rear floor pan dimples (their must be a better name for them). The circiular sheet metal that extends down to the frame and surrounds the rear bolt holes. You can buy the trunk corners, but mine is all finished and I hate to buy them just to cut out the 3 1/2" piece. So I thought I would ask on this forum first to see if anyone out there could help me out. Thanks for listening, I am looking forward to reading what other studebaker people are doing. Dave in Spokane

Roscomacaw
09-11-2005, 02:54 AM
Hard to tell much from those pictures. I have no comments since I can't see much detail.
[8D]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

Dwain G.
09-11-2005, 02:07 PM