This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taillight hunt

I was able to attend the show at Asheville NC today . It was great . Now, I need help . I purchased two taillights . I knew they were not a pair , but I plan to try to find a match for either one to use on my 55 C coupe. I'm sure both are coupe taillights . I beleive one is a 53 or 54 & the other appears to be a 55 , however the seller had it marked as a 56 with a " ? ". Can some one help me identify them so I can find another ? I cannot post a picture at present . Are 53 & 54 coupe taillights different or just the lenses different . Are 55 & 56 the same? I should have looked at the restored & original cars more today, but mostly looked at the modified cars & its obvious that they get mixed & matched , so I am unsure what I have . Thanks for an help you can give .[?][?]

thom

53-54 same, 55-56 same, except Golden Hawk.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
    64 R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
    JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

53-54 same, 55-56 same, except Golden Hawk.
      Actually, I believe 53 and 54 are different.

-Dick-
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

They are

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Here are some rather poor pix of a '53 C/K lamp housing. The '54's are different and so are '55's. Not sure if the '55 and '56 are the same or not.

Jeff

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

I have the numbers off the lights I have if that will help identify them. The 53 or 54 has GT14 and GB21961 on it . The 55 or 56 has 16GT and X01022 on it . The GT does not mean GT Hawk as neither is a GT Hawk light .Thanks

thom
            thom

Comment

The 53 tail light lenses are flat with 2 raised ribs going straight accross the lens they have 14GT om them the part no is 299169 the 54 is slightly convex with no ridges and the part no is 306717 and Chris Collins has them repo. just like the oem and they are cheeper than I have seen at some swap meets for used ones.

Comment

All '53 C/K used one tail light and early '54 C used this same tail light. All other '54 C/Ks used a tail light that was different than this '53 style. '55 C/K are different yet.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                X