This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first try at posting a photo

[ihttp://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=showPhoto&albumID=444921381&photoID=445779250&security=LLoKewmg][/img]

["C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Harley and Hawk.jpg"]

Comment

Umm, that didn't quite work. It has to be a picture that's hosted on a website somewhere, example:

When you click the little image insert button, you'll get something that looks like this (img)(/img) except it'll have brackets. Then, you copy and paste the link to the picture BETWEEN the ) ( like this:

(img)http://home.alltel.net/anderm/images/65back.jpg(/img)

So, that's what you see when your composing the message.

1965 Studebaker Cruiser

Comment

Robert,

When you click on that image button above the window you're trying to add a foto to, you get this [img][/img] and you insert your photo address BETWEEN those two bracketed sections. Then when you hit "Add Topic" or "Post Reply", it should show up as your photo.

BUT! I've found that in the course of doing this, sometimes the first bracket ends up on the line ABOVE the photo's address. So I delete that and simply retype it IN FRONT of the photo's address. Then I check the bracketed thing that's at the END of the photo's address to see that it's intact and butted up against the very end of the photo's address.
        I'm saying all this because in dealing with it myself, it's been erratic in how the bracketed things placed themselves with respect to the photo address.

Go look at that first attempt of yours. See that only one half of the front bracket is there along with the letter [i. That's probably why it didn't open the photo as you'd hoped. Go in using the edit tool above your post and type in the rest of that front bracket ( mg] ) and that should fix it.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Thanks Mark and Bob,Ill try again tommorrow.I was trying to just take the picture out of "my documents".
          When you say it has to be hosted on the web somewhere,will Webshots work? Or will I have to make up a web page(something Ive been wanting to do anyway)?

Comment

[img][/img]
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

well that don't work for me ...just computer dumb I guess
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Webshots isn't the easiest photo server to use is it? I think you sent us the gallery page. Go back the home page. On the menu select 'My Photos'. Scroll down to your list of photos where it says 'titles'. Click on the photo or album that you want us to see. You will see those photo(s). On the right side of the screen you will se a box that says 'More'. Click on '

Dwain G.
                Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

I'm thinking Webshots might work, but you'd have to right-click on the picture to get the properties, then paste THAT link in. In other words, the link should end with the .jpg extension. Let me try one from Webshots:

quote:Originally posted by 2R5

well that don't work for me ...just computer dumb I guess
                  Hmmm, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't[}]

Comment

(Damn hair trigger)!!! Anyway, in the 'More' box, click on 'Preview in Community'. Then go up to the address bar and highlight that url, copy it, and paste it here.

Dwain G.
                    Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Yeah Robert. You can't upload to this forum from your computer. It has to be on the web somewheres like webshots or Fotki or one of those photo-hosting facilities.

Here's a shot I've got stored on Andale's site. This will be an upcoming ebay offering and I'll link this picture from Andale to the ebay auction.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe
                      1957 President 2-dr
                      1955 President State
                      1951 Champion Biz cpe
                      1963 Daytona project FS
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs This will be an upcoming ebay offering and I'll link this picture from Andale to the ebay auction.
                        Bob, you have a buy it now price?
                        Email to: bonjo12@iwon.com

Ebon...
                        [img] http://jnautoair.com/images/Texasstate.gif [/img]

Comment

Posting fotos is great thing that this forum has, but I wish that those posting one would use smaller images. I have a slow Ak. computer, and takes all day to load
                          Now that I said these I'll be the first to post an extra large image
                          BTDT

Ebon...
                          [img] http://jnautoair.com/images/Texasstate.gif [/img]

Comment

Hey Biggs,why didn't you warn me to put on my sunglasses first(G)
                            BEAUTIFUL!!!
                            That outa make your back pocket thicker.

Comment

Working...
                            X