This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haul '53 Commander from Seattle to SF Bay Area

Anyone know of a reasonable and reliable shipper to transport my '53 Commander from Seattle to San Francisco? thanks, Nick 415 652-3926

My friend's used Kiwi Transport before and liked them. http://www.kiwiskarriers.com/

Alana Snyder,
    Starlite S'coupe,
    San Diego SDC

Comment

Just did that haul with a 61 Hawk using Peg trucking for $450 (608)756-0033

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
      64 R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)
      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Just don't leave anything "loose" inside the car. I sold one to a guy back east and packed all the stuff that went with it inside the car. WELL-packed mind you. lashed down in the seats and tire well.
        One box that a set of NOS door panels and some other NOS interior trim, found it's way from UNDER some other stuff in the tire well and was NOT THERE when it got to the buyer's place!
        The trucking co. has a disclaimer about anything loose being shipped in the car and the buyer and me both knew of that. Of course, we're thinking: "Who's gonna pilfer a Stude project car while it's en route across country?"
        BTW, that box the panels were in was TRIPLE wrapped and taped. They musta had time to dig them out and go thru all the layers of wrapping to discover what was in there!
        Somewhere - at some swap meet - there's a set of 4 NOS, blue door panels you can probably get a deal on

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
        X