This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dimensions needed

I still need someone to tell me the dimensions of a 55 coupe radiator support . I can figure the width but need to know how far below the frame & how far above the frame the support extends. Can anybpdy tell me what years supports interchange with 55s ? Are sixes & V8s different ? Thanks .[?][?][?]

thom

Thom, sounds like a pickle. Forty people have read and no response. Maybe it was the way the question was put together,............... I don't have the answer but I would go on line and ask one of the supplier of parts like Myer's or Dave Seabo Restorations. These people have been a great source of information. Also, try the bug parts dealer in Gainesville, Fl., you can find him on line under the studebaker links. [8D]

Comment

I've actualy made two trips around the property here, lookin' for the '55 rad support I know I have/had. I've got several supports from various models and none of them are marked as to which is which.
      I had it in my head that the 53 - 54 supports were different from the 55. But I finally got off my butt and looked them up in the parts books. Guess what! They's the same. V8 or 6
      So, with this revelation, I toddled on out to the 53 coupe and measured it's support. Overall width is 27" Overall height is 17&1/2" It sticks below the lower edge of the frame rail approx 5" and above the top edge by about 9&1/2" Oh - and I've got one (Since I now know the dimensions of it) that's just sitting, doing nothing. Maybe you'd like to give it a home[?]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Maybe I should buy it from you . I've thought more about making one & it occurs to me that not only are the measurements we talked about important , also I would need to know exactly where to drill holes for the fenders to attach . Right ? If any measurement was off , alignment of the fenders & hood would be very difficult , I suppose . Let me know a price , please . Thanks[8D]

thom
        thom

Comment

Working...
        X