Studebaker Factory Strike Film.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Factory Strike Film.

You never know what you find out there. I picked up a 16 mm film at the York swap meet last weekend. On the canister there is an old "typed" label that says:

"1962-Studebaker Factory Strike Film
    Showing pickets at factory gates. This
    film does not show Mr. Egbert forcing
    way out as I had thought."

If anyone has a means of tranferring this from 16 mm film to CDROM let me know. I would be more than happy to share these with anyone who wants a copy at cost.

Dan Peterson
    Montpelier, VT
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
    1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)
    1962 Lark V-8 Regal Convertible
    Dan Peterson
    Montpelier, VT

quote:Originally posted by dpson

You never know what you find out there. I picked up a 16 mm film at the York swap meet last weekend. On the canister there is an old "typed" label that says:

This film does not show Mr. Egbert forcing

If anyone has a means of tranferring this from 16 mm film to CDROM let me know. I would be more than happy to share these with anyone who wants a copy at cost.

If you do locate an oufit that will transfer it to a CD for you, I'm sure the footage of where Sherwood Egbert does force his way through the picket line from the 1983 "Less Than They Promised" video can be spliced in.

Craig

Montpelier, VT

Comment

quote:Originally posted by dpson

This film does not show Mr. Egbert forcing

If you do locate an oufit that will transfer it to a CD for you, I'm sure the footage of where Sherwood Egbert does force his way through the picket line from the 1983 "Less Than They Promised" video can be spliced in.

Craig

Montpelier, VT

Comment

Pro 8 MM in Hollywood does telecine transfers. Check out www.pro8mm.com .

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
        '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Pro 8 MM in Hollywood does telecine transfers. Check out www.pro8mm.com .

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
          '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Perhaps you could send a copy to the SNM in South Bend, they'd probably like to add it to their collection of memorabilia.

John Clements
            Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
            Lockleys South Australia
            John Clements
            Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Perhaps you could send a copy to the SNM in South Bend, they'd probably like to add it to their collection of memorabilia.

John Clements
              Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
              Lockleys South Australia
              John Clements
              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I know a local photography store here near Houston Texas was able to transfer some old family videos from 8mm to vhs, so hopefully you can find a place to do it near you.
                Spence

Comment

I know a local photography store here near Houston Texas was able to transfer some old family videos from 8mm to vhs, so hopefully you can find a place to do it near you.
                  Spence

Comment

Thats interesting,the company I work for just went on strike today.

Looks like it may go tits up too.

Comment

Comment

Hmmmm, Looking back striking at Studebaker in 1962 does not seem to make much sense huh? Perhaps the autoworkers today could learn a lesson from some of the stuff Studebaker went through.

Comment

Hmmmm, Looking back striking at Studebaker in 1962 does not seem to make much sense huh? Perhaps the autoworkers today could learn a lesson from some of the stuff Studebaker went through.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Transtar56

Been there before. I worked at an auto plant about 15 years ago. We went on strike for 5 weeks. Luckily I was young and didn't have a lot of debt. I actually got married and went on my honeymoon while it was going on. I missed out on $100 strike pay because of this

Now today is a different story. There's rumours that the dealership I work for is going to close it's doors. Since Toyota moved to a nearby town, property is a hot commodity and our dealership is located in one of the most sought after areas for feeder plants for Toyota to build. Could be an interesting few months!
                            [xx(]
                            Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Transtar56

Been there before. I worked at an auto plant about 15 years ago. We went on strike for 5 weeks. Luckily I was young and didn't have a lot of debt. I actually got married and went on my honeymoon while it was going on. I missed out on $100 strike pay because of this

Now today is a different story. There's rumours that the dealership I work for is going to close it's doors. Since Toyota moved to a nearby town, property is a hot commodity and our dealership is located in one of the most sought after areas for feeder plants for Toyota to build. Could be an interesting few months!
                              [xx(]
                              Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X