This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cam shaft

has anyone done a custom cam for his car. I dont know what the stock size of my cam is right now and not to sure what a step up would be. the first thing i thought of was a custom one. need some advise.

63, lark, 170 ohv, 2" exhaust, 2 brrl progressive webber carb, 5 speed cheve S-10 trans, currently 3.73 dana rear, between 2000 - 2200 rpm at 60mph.

See what Cathcart recommends for your engine/use, he seems to be the small six performance expert.

good luck,

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    62 Daytona hardtop
    --
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Be forwarned....
      There are "very" few cams for any of the Stude engines. Cathcart (as said above) is the main guy for the 6's and the guy that bought Ted H. stuff is the main guy for the 8's.
      Unless of course you want a custom roller cam done for you. Then any of the major cam grinders will do that....for a price....a large price.

Comment

Cosmo,

Tell us more about your 2bbl Webber carb on your OHV six.......did you make your own adapter, exactly what carb manufacturer/part number did you use, what air cleaner are you running, how much hook clearance do you have, how did you work out the linkage?

Pics would be great!!

I am in the early stages of looking to do this on my '64 Lark, and I sure could use your advice since you have already 'plowed that ground'.

You can email me offline at r1lark@aol.com if you want to.

Thanks, Paul
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
        Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Cosmo used my article to set up his Lark. He has an overhead six, complicating the linkage.

The cost realization is off, due to new gas prices.

Tom Bredehoft
          '53 Commander Coupe
          '60 Lark VI

Comment

Actually tom i didn't use your link. i did use the adaptor thogh. i found the set up on some VW site. and my linkage well i really have to take pictures so you can see. i set mine alot different from what you did. i'm actually in the works of a supended padel and cable linkage. i think i have what i need i just would like to do a mock up before i start making modifications.

Comment

Working...
            X