PDA

View Full Version : Hawk Carb?

danweb
08-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Can anyone tell me what carb to install on my 62 GT Hawk? It`s a two barrel and I don`t want the expense of changing to a four barrel. Also what spacing should I use to put chrome smoothies on it. Thanks Dan:)

62 GT Hawk

N8N
08-23-2005, 04:26 PM
Stock carb is really hard to beat for a 2bbl, what issues are you having? For a replacement most people go with a 4bbl, Jeff Rice can convert your manifold to 4-bbl if it is stock.

I would recommend 15x6 or 15x7 wheels with a 1" offset. There's a little leeway with 15x6 but with a 15x7 you have to stick pretty close to the 1" offset to expect them to fit,and make sure your springs are in good shape. Bolt pattern is Ford/MoPar 5 on 4-1/2"

good luck

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
62 Daytona hardtop
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

danweb
08-25-2005, 07:40 PM
The problem is a rough idle that I can`t seem to get ride of. I took it too a mechanic and he fiddled with it , it smoothed out but then the roughness came back. I must admit I`m afraid of carbs but if anyone can tell me what rebuild kit to get I guess I could attempt it. I also have a problem with the distributer. The clips that hold the cap on seem to be steretched and come loose even thou the cap never comes off. Is there a way to fix this or do I need a new one?
thanks Dan[8D]

curt
08-25-2005, 07:59 PM
My president, a 1955 had a rough idle cold and ran rough when cold below 25 mph. Points, cap, etc helped. Then I readjusted the carb, helped more. The final thing was a new PCV valve. I had cleaned the old one, it was loose but the new onw is really loose. Runs great.

danweb
08-25-2005, 08:08 PM
Thanks Curt, I never even thought about the pcv valve. I`ll try that this weekend and let you know. Thanks Dan[:I]

62 GT Hawk