This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 Radiator swap

Does anyone know what a good cross over radiator for a Lark would be? I am looking to put a 350-375 hp Chevy in my Lark and would like to put a bigger radiator in. Is there a good cross over? Gm, ford etc? I would like to get about a 20 quart capacity one to fit with out too much modification..Thanks!!

I would like to do the same with my 55 coupe . It will be interesting to see what kind of response you get .

thom
    thom

Comment

If you want to go "bigger", almost anything will fit!!
      You only have so much original space to work with...and the original radiator fills that space right? You can't put a larger object in a smaller space.

With a little cutting...(to get a bigger radiator in) and welding to make it look nice again...you can get a good size radiator in. How big is entirely up to you.

I did this on my 60 Lark. It now has an aluminum crossflow in it. Sorry...don't remember the dimensions. Will try to measure tonight and post tomorrow.

Comment

I've heard that a radiator for a Datsun 240 (or is it 260? - Jeff, you know?) is practically a bolt-in. But I've not had a first-hand experience with such. [:I]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
        X