View Full Version : What's it called?

08-13-2005, 04:55 PM
There is a grease fitting on the inboard side of my wheel hubs. Its not a standard zirc fitting. Is it called something else?
Also I'm in the habit of using Lubriplate 730-2 all purpose grease for most anything. I've put it in my u-joint recently and it drops into gear silently now. Any comments from the gurus would be appreciated. Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

08-13-2005, 05:04 PM
You may be seeing the brake bleed nipples, they look like zerks. They would be located on the brake cylinder near where the brake line enters the back plate.

08-13-2005, 05:39 PM
That's what I'm looking at. Thanks Bunzard. Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ

08-13-2005, 08:56 PM
The Dana Rear end has a large plug(located inboard close to the rear wheel) that plug is changed to a large Zerk fitting, About 1/2 pump per year on each inner rear bearing.

08-13-2005, 10:26 PM
Thanks Curt, I'll get under there again tomorrow when I put the truck up on blocks. Last chance as I'm off to my ship Monday and won't be home til January. Kevin in the Stoogebaker

1963 Champ