This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy's Ranch 56 Pickup

Boy's Ranch residents here close to Amarillo have a beautifully restored 56 pickup painted in their blue and yellow ranch colors. They are needing headlight rims to complete the project. If anyone out there would like to donate a pair, email me at studegib@sbcglobal.net. I'll post a picture of it as soon as I learn how.
    Oh yeah, Mr. B, I figured out why I could not log on last night, so I will erase the studegib1 user name.

Gib

I saw that truck at the show in Fredericksburg, TX recently. The man said he was waiting to hear from someone the next day about rims. Too bad they didn't come through, because that's a beautifully restored 3/4 ton with a V8. Apparently, it was a one-year project for some of the teenage boys at the ranch, and they were quite proud of their bodywork, rightfully so. I have a 55 myself, so if I come across some extras, I'll be in touch with them.

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup

Paul Simpson
    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

I know a guy locally, that has some 56 C-cab stuff. I'll see if he has a pair to work with.

Studegib - have you ever gotten any of the E-mails I've sent you?[?]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mr. B, I must be doing something wrong. I sift thru my junk mail carefully as that seems to be where any first timers email goes, and then I move it to the inbox. I got one there from Studebob today and moved it to my inbox. He said he had sent several to me on the club's website, so I'm going over there to see if I can find them. Maybe that's where yours are.

Gib

Comment

Those are pretty rare items.
          Finding a pair at any price would be quite a find....
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by studegib

Boy's Ranch residents here close to Amarillo have a beautifully restored 56 pickup painted in their blue and yellow ranch colors. They are needing headlight rims to complete the project. If anyone out there would like to donate a pair, email me at studegib@sbcglobal.net. I'll post a picture of it as soon as I learn how.
          Oh yeah, Mr. B, I figured out why I could not log on last night, so I will erase the studegib1 user name.

Gib
          DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
          '37 Coupe Express
          '37 Coupe Express Trailer
          '61 Hawk
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I saw a rechromed set at York a couple years ago. I think the guy wanted over $100 each and, if it was a good job, probably cost more than that to replate. Good ones are scarce as hen's teeth. The 56 appears to be one of the more popular models. I wonder if anyone's given thought to reproducing?
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Are these the same as '55 headlight chrome rings? I might have some.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
              Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
              X