This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally painting slow64

well this sunday i will be building a booth in my buddies garage to paint my lark, i would really like to pull the engine to paint th engine compartment. what are the risks i am taking by pulling it? if all is well should i be able to slap it back in and start her up? my engine mounts are shot anyway, so its a good excuse to change them while i am at it. any imputs are appreciated. thanks guys.

slow64
    1964 lark daytona
    bd_marks@yahoo.com

You'll need to disconnect exhaust to replace mounts anyway. Pulling the engine is best if you want a good finish on the firewall and inner fenders. There's lots of stuff to disconnect but, while it's out, you can steam clean and paint the engine too and, as long as you reconnect everything properly, if it ran before, you'll never know it was out. Doesn't that sound easy[}]?
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Same problems you might expect with an engine swap. Something always goes wrong, but then you fix it and talk about it with your buddy for a month or so. Makes it all worth it. LOL

Comment

I've pulled many a engine just to detail under the hood, not that much work. I always pull the engine/transmission as a unit.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
        64 R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)
        63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
        X