Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE FINALISTS- New Stude pics for website!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE FINALISTS- New Stude pics for website!

Thank you all who responded with suggestions for adding ten new Studebaker pics to the SDC website banner. Your suggestions were thoughtful and appreciated. In fact, a good case could be made for adding every one on the lists but that is not practical at this time. But, it does underscore how different and special all years and models of Studebaker cars and truckes are.

I'm actually selecting an even dozen, not ten. Some received multiple votes, which made their selection automatic and easy. The others were chosen with the god-like power of your webmaster.[] Here they are in no particular order:

1961 Hawk
    1937 Coupe Express (yellow, if there's one out there)
    1954 Champion Sedan
    1951 Starlight Coupe
    1931 Four Seasons Roadster (representing pre-war)
    1966 Daytona Sport Coupe (representing 65/66)
    US6X6 (representing Studebaker's wartime contributions)
    1951 Commander Convert
    1937 COE truck (preferably that cool Coca Cola truck?)
    1961 Lark Regal Hardtop with Skytop
    1954 Conestoga

That's 11 of them. The 12th was selected in appreciation of Mr. Biggs, who has been a leader of leaders in this forum since its founding. So, the 12th new pic will be Mr. Bigg's 1958 Provincial when he has it done and sends me the pic. Better get to work, Mr. Biggs! We're all waiting!

Now, the hunt is on to find the photos. Again, all submissions/suggestions welcome. Look at the main website banner to see how the vehicle should be positioned for best use in the space provided. As before, the webmaster's decision will be final.

Important: If you send a photo, make sure you either
    have permission from the owner to use it or provide me with the owner's contact info so I can request permission. Lastly, email them to me directly. Thanks!

-BShaw
    Webmaster
    60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion

Wow! I'm honored - and flustered! If you could only see how that poor thing is scattered at the moment..... But that's how it goes with these cars. It's hard to say: I'm only gonna do this "half-a**ed", cause I'm too lazy." er whatever....

I like all the other picks too. Hell, I like 'em ALL![] I'd just as proudly drive a 58 Scotsman as I would a 58 Golden Hawk. My love is for the breed - not simply the pick of the litter!

Thanks Bob.

BTW, I took off the fins of the wagon so as to be better able to redo the seam sealer where the pillars meet the rear quarters. This is what greeted me. I wasn't really surprized. I've taken fins off Hawks and found even worse! There was NO dirt held captive in here - only condensation and lack of proper rust-preventative are to blame. The good part is, it's gonna be savable without having to replace any metal. I'm just gonna know off the loose stuff and POR-15 the living s*** out of it before the fin goes back on. Both sides are like this although this one was a tad worse.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS[xx(][}]
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

What e-mail address do we use to send pic's to you?
      If I use the reply via e-mail, I cannot attach a file (pic)..
      It's also not in your profile, but the send e-mail link does the same thing...
      Jeff

quote:Originally posted by BShaw

Thank you all who responded with suggestions for adding ten new Studebaker pics to the SDC website banner. Your suggestions were thoughtful and appreciated. In fact, a good case could be made for adding every one on the lists but that is not practical at this time. But, it does underscore how different and special all years and models of Studebaker cars and truckes are.

I'm actually selecting an even dozen, not ten. Some received multiple votes, which made their selection automatic and easy. The others were chosen with the god-like power of your webmaster.[] Here they are in no particular order:

1961 Hawk
      1937 Coupe Express (yellow, if there's one out there)
      1954 Champion Sedan
      1951 Starlight Coupe
      1931 Four Seasons Roadster (representing pre-war)
      1966 Daytona Sport Coupe (representing 65/66)
      US6X6 (representing Studebaker's wartime contributions)
      1951 Commander Convert
      1937 COE truck (preferably that cool Coca Cola truck?)
      1961 Lark Regal Hardtop with Skytop
      1954 Conestoga

That's 11 of them. The 12th was selected in appreciation of Mr. Biggs, who has been a leader of leaders in this forum since its founding. So, the 12th new pic will be Mr. Bigg's 1958 Provincial when he has it done and sends me the pic. Better get to work, Mr. Biggs! We're all waiting!

Now, the hunt is on to find the photos. Again, all submissions/suggestions welcome. Look at the main website banner to see how the vehicle should be positioned for best use in the space provided. As before, the webmaster's decision will be final.

Important: If you send a photo, make sure you either
      have permission from the owner to use it or provide me with the owner's contact info so I can request permission. Lastly, email them to me directly. Thanks!

-BShaw
      Webmaster
      DEEPNHOCK at Cox.net
      '37 Coupe Express
      '37 Coupe Express Trailer
      '61 Hawk
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

If you've already read thread earlier, please have a look-see at the photos I added to my initial response.[}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Jeff and all: My email address is webmaster@studebakerdriversclub.com using your favorite email client that allows attachments.

-BShaw
          Webmaster
          sigpic
          Bob Shaw
          Rush City, Minnesota
          1960 Hawk - www.northstarstudebakers.com
          "The farther I go, the behinder I get."

Comment

re 66 sp coupe.. SOMEWHERE i have several factory post cards with that vehicle in color on the front... with lske michigan? in the background i'll try to find them this weekend...big jim

Comment

Working...
            X