PDA

View Full Version : valve cover gaskets



chopsoldlady
08-03-2005, 10:44 PM
A re a 233 cubic inch engine and 259 CI the same gasket size?

Dick Steinkamp
08-03-2005, 10:58 PM
quote:Originally posted by chopsoldlady




A re a 233 cubic inch engine and 259 CI the same gasket size?


All Stude V8's (232, 259, 289) would use the same valve cover gaskets. All 232's would require 8 hold down bolt seals. Only the early 259's and 289's require 8...the later ones 4.

-Dick-

N8N
08-04-2005, 06:19 AM
Get the neoprene gaskets if you can,they are reusable

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
62 Daytona hardtop
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Chicken Hawk
08-04-2005, 11:13 PM
The early four bolt cover (four per cover) take a smaller gasket (width of the gasket)than the later two bolt covers. Either will work but better fit if you use the correct ones.

Ted


A re a 233 cubic inch engine and 259 CI the same gasket size?
[/quote]

All Stude V8's (232, 259, 289) would use the same valve cover gaskets. All 232's would require 8 hold down bolt seals. Only the early 259's and 289's require 8...the later ones 4.

-Dick-
[/quote]

JDP
08-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Same size, but there is a early and late design, but I think either will work.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
64 R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)
63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk

Dick Steinkamp
08-04-2005, 11:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Chicken Hawk

The early four bolt cover (four per cover) take a smaller gasket (width of the gasket)than the later two bolt covers. Either will work but better fit if you use the correct ones.

Ted



Tx Ted. I learn something about these cars every day.

Are you going to be in Spokane?

-Dick-

Chicken Hawk
08-05-2005, 09:59 AM
quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

[quote]Originally posted by Chicken Hawk

The early four bolt cover (four per cover) take a smaller gasket (width of the gasket)than the later two bolt covers. Either will work but better fit if you use the correct ones.

Ted



Tx Ted. I learn something about these cars every day.

Are you going to be in Spokane?

-Dick-


Afraid not. Would like to but just too many things I need to get done here. Hope to make Nebraska next year.

Ted