This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51 Champion Trunk Floor Pan Replacement

Hello, I am new to Studebakers, but have just been given a 51 Champion to restore. It's a solid car, so should not be to much of a problem. The main body, less the doors and fenders is on the frame, but everything else was disassembled and shipped to me in boxes. Initial inspection indicates that the trunk floor needs to be replaced. Anyone have a source for a 51 Champion G10 W3 trunk replacement pan?

Only ones I've seen are at classicent.com
    Not from original molds but require very little ingenuity. Replacement spare tire well is repro in fiberglass.

Anyone out there aware of other sources?
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

That's Classic Enterprizes,in Wisconsin-his parts are A+ #1! Yes,a little ingenuity is required[as with all body work]but I'll vouch for'em!!

Hawks,Larks,and other critters!
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Thanks for the info and the vendor endorsement. It's good to talk to someone who has used them before. I ordered the part today. Will let you all know how good the panel is when I get it.

Comment

Welcome to the club Jerry!

As a matter of fact, why not join the club? The newsletter in the form of Turning Wheels magazine is worth more than the yearly membership fee. There are advertisments throughout that can be very helpful to someone in your situation.

Lotsa Larks!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Studeclunker
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Jerry,
            While the car is in this level of dissassembly take a good look at the front body supports; they are usually the first to show deterioration. Classic Enterprises also makes them if needed. I've used them and will use them again.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The body is now off the frame. The body support are all in great condition. This car came out of Colorado and seems very solid. Thanks for the warning anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X