This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Signs

I just found a Studebaker service sign for sale . Its a 42 inch round type , double sided but its not the porcelain type just an enamelled painted one. I've never seen this type before , I thought that they all were porcelain finished but by the look of this sign they weren't. Can anyone comment on this or has anyone ever seen another like this?

Might be a reproduction. They are quite common these days.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I really don't think its a reproduction , all reproductions I've seen are smaller then the originals , think the biggest repop that i know of is about 24 inches.
      I know there are original brochures on studebaker signs that were available ....was hoping someone had one of these that could comment.
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Hmmm Sounds like a re-pop ..I'd let it go by maybe let me know who owns it..[}]

Comment

Maybe you should contact Richard Quinn,the only memorabilia authority I can think of. A few years ago there was a guy that bought a large display ad in TW,wanting to buy old Stude signs,but I can't find one of those right now.

Hawks,Larks,and other critters!
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I have emailed Dick Quinn but I have not got a response from him as of yet. He is usually pretty fast at responding so i figure maybe hes away on holidays maybe.
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
            X