This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-over pipe

My 1955 President has had the 259 engine replaced with a 289. What cross over pipe do I use, 259 or 289 ? Can most exhaust shops make a new X-over pipe?? [?][?][?]

Check out Parks Pipes; 544 Banta Road, West Manchester OH 45382. PH: 937-678-7565

Lotsa Larks!
    Studeclunker
    A.K.A: out2lunch
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

"Which crossover pipe do I use?" - dimensionally speaking, there's NO difference between a 259 & 289. Both would use the same pipe. ANY decent exhaust place should be able to make one.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

make sure the duty pipebender understands that the starter unloads forward and down, not straight down like a sbc.

Comment

What oldcarfart's try in' to impart is that the head pipe comin' off the left manifold should have a flattened section along it's side closest to the engine block. Otherwise, you can't remove the starter motor if you have to! [V]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President 2-dr
          1955 President State
          1951 Champion Biz cpe
          1963 Daytona project FS
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Forward and down, that is nice to know, it's the little things done correct that make the job well done. How forward must the starter move, an inch , 6 inches, etc befoer droping down?

Comment

I ordered an x-over pipe from SASCO for my 232- I couldn't get it to fit exactly right, I had to have a muffler shop install it. But it is the right one, and there is plenty of clearance for removing the starter!

Comment

Working...
              X