This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seats color

the seats in my lark have been re-covered with a kit i am sure is from kanter, if anyone is familiar, and they are blue. this is really not the color i want since i will be painting my car silver with grey and black interior. is there any products i can get to dye them black? without pulling them off, it would be great to get a spray on dye if it exsists. btw, they are a short velvety type material. thanks for any inputs.

slow64
    1964 lark daytona
    bd_marks@yahoo.com

That sort of stuff is available at any parts store.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

i was waiting for you to make your rounds biggs, thanks again.

slow64
      1964 lark daytona
      bd_marks@yahoo.com

Comment

I recently had to re-color a new repro dash pad for a '66 Mustang.
        The car owner had bought a spray can of dye from the classic ford place where his dash came from. I followed their directions.The next morning it was peeling!
        After I removed all the dye with thinner and a blow gun,I went to the auto body supply store,and paid about $50.00 for a quart of PPG's 'SPECIALTY'line of dye. Sprayed all of his interior,[some metal trim and some vinyl]with great results.
        I've used all sorts of interior dye over the years,but this PPG product is the only one that gave good results.I haven't used it on cloth,but I think it is far better than the spray bomb stuff.
        Also,if you're not equipped to spray,that auto body supply store should be able to put the product in a spray can for you.
        [Maybe Dupont and others have a similar product,but PPG is what my local store sells.] But if you have a decent autbody store nearby,they should be experienced in this enough to sell you the RIGHT stuff!!What ever you use,don't expect it to be permanent,there will be some color loss where your butt rubs the cloth!

Everybody's Uncle Used To Have One!
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
        X