This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel covers

I have 1956 wheel covers on my 1955 President. They are in very very good condition. I would like 1955 wheelcovers. Anyone thave any help? I see and add for 53-54, and 54-55 wheelcovers. In the add they look the same. Is there a difference?

I have a set of full wheel covers for a 1955, they have no paint in the center, and a few minor dings, but look good overall. I am not interested in trading them, just selling them. Where are you located? Email me if interested. I have a few other 1953-55 specific parts as well. I can take digital pix of the stuff if interested in seeing what they look like.

quote:Originally posted by curt

I have 1956 wheel covers on my 1955 President. They are in very very good condition. I would like 1955 wheelcovers. Anyone thave any help? I see and add for 53-54, and 54-55 wheelcovers. In the add they look the same. Is there a difference?
    Sam Roberts

Comment

Quote: I see and add for 53-54, and 54-55 wheelcovers. In the add they look the same. Is there a difference?

Yes, there is a difference. That is that there's three little points around the concave center on the 53-54 covers. The 54-55 ones are without those points.[^]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Sam, the computer rejects me as not being loged on when I try for profile etc . What town are you in? I'm in Seminole,Oklahoma. Sixty miles SE of OK,City.

Comment

Ol' Studebaker Sam hails from the burg of Warren, Indiana!

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President 2-dr
          1955 President State
          1951 Champion Biz cpe
          1963 Daytona project FS
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Email me at sstrebor at hotmail dot com or sroberts at onlyinternet dot net

The Big Guy is kee-rect, Warren is about 35 miles southwest of Ft. Wayne, Indiana.

Sam, the computer rejects me as not being loged on when I try for profile etc . What town are you in? I'm in Seminole,Oklahoma. Sixty miles SE of OK,City.
            Sam Roberts

Comment

I been playing Monoploy with the Grandkids.

Comment

1955 wheel covers are spoken for, and will find a new home in Oklahoma soon. Still have a 1955 C-K battery box that needs cleaned, and painted, a blower motor, and bracket off a 1955 C bodied fender, and , a couple headlight buckets from a C body, a horn from the C body, and a gnarly set of horns that I have absolutely no idea what they fit, but am sure they are 6 volts.

Sam Roberts

Comment

1953 wheelcovers have three small ribs (tri-star) extending out from the center concave area. 1954-1955 do not have these ribs and are just smooth. 1954-1955 are the type most often seen. Some very early 1954s also used the 1953 covers. By the 1954 model year, the smooth covers (1954-1955) were listed as an accessory for the 1953 models, but no 1953 models came with these covers during the 1953 model year.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                  X