PDA

View Full Version : Boiling gas fixed

charley norton
07-10-2005, 07:41 AM
Just a note to tell everyone how much I appreciate the advice. I would have never figured it out. My return line was the problem. I blew it out and the glass filter is and stays full for the first time since I owned the car! No more boiling\bubbling gas in the filter. I also changed the flapper valve and put a better quality carb base gasket on it and have noticed a big difference. Although now it seems the timing needs to be set again. Thanks again

63 R2 Avanti

Sonny
07-10-2005, 11:15 AM
quote:Originally posted by charley norton

Just a note to tell everyone how much I appreciate the advice. I would have never figured it out. My return line was the problem. I blew it out and the glass filter is and stays full for the first time since I owned the car! No more boiling\bubbling gas in the filter. I also changed the flapper valve and put a better quality carb base gasket on it and have noticed a big difference. Although now it seems the timing needs to be set again. Thanks again

63 R2 Avanti

That's great to hear Charlie! Just one question though, when you say "flapper valve", are you talking about the heat riser on the R/H exhaust manifold?

Sonny
http://RacingStudebakers.com

charley norton
07-10-2005, 04:29 PM
Hey Sonny. No, I was talking about the spring loaded flapper thingy in the air box. Now the only problem is the air box blew off the carb., stripping the threads inside the carb. I don't think it will be too tough a fix. Anyway, back to the hurricane!

63 R2 Avanti